The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a fair selling price for a takamine hirade concert arte 5 with case? Are they easy to move? It looks mint and was made in Japan.

I'm supposed to be trading for one on Monday, but I'm not sure if it's a fair deal.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,194 Posts
Acoustics suck!

·
Premium Member
8,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I don't even know what a similar guitar would be.

I did find out that Cosmo sells them for 2100 and the retail is 3000 - once I changed my search to Takamine TH5C

Reverb doesn't have a history of them, but one was on for sale for 1600 Canadian that was used. That ended, it didn't sell on reverb.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
What is a fair selling price for a takamine hirade concert arte 5 with case? Are they easy to move? It looks mint and was made in Japan.

I'm supposed to be trading for one on Monday, but I'm not sure if it's a fair deal.

Any help would be appreciated.
I wasn't going to answer because you said acoustics weren't cool but after I cooled down a bit, I found this for you.:D

Takamine Hirade H5 Concert Classical Guitar

As it says, this one was in excellent condition.

Reactions: Adcandour

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
Years ago I read somewhere that classical guitars are lightly built canons which eventually burn out such that concert players are always playing in the next one so that it is ready to replace the main rig when it shits the bed.

The foregoing could be complete crap and I never followed up on the hypothesis; however, if it’s true then there is a risk that a used classical guitar will be past its best before date and that is why it’s being sold.

On the other hand though, if the purchaser doesn’t know any of that and is happy with the guitar then all’s well that ends well.

Maybe I shouldn’t have mentioned it ... lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts