The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My second album (made almost entirely on my bedroom studio) will be out on January 1st, 2018 and I wanted to publically document the efforts we are doing to help it out the best we can. My wife is in charge of the visual side and she's been working on her black and white photography lab making all the artwork and credits using photograms
[/IMG]

For those of you who were part of the thread about my first album (I insist in calling them albums, of course) the songs this time are focused on the balance (I try) of the arrangements and compositions that are easier to listen rather than in complex and frequent guitar solos. There are 11 songs and I counted with the invaluable help of @mhammer and @greco who helped me finalize the masters and select the songs.

I'm looking forward to hear what you think of the pictures and if you don't mind, keep posting about the process as it happens.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
that`s awesome. the Euro pick has a super special tone within the V-Picks line. the holes in it I believe have an effect on the tone. when you play a similar v-pick without the holes, you can notice a difference.

I also sold a 1964 princeton to a nice fellow in Montréal, François. He texted me when he was playing in Kitchener however I couldn`t go. he also shared with me the following.

Hey Sean
forgot to tell you, I`ve been playing with the V-Picks Chicken Picker for the last 3 months exclusively. I`m hooked. you got me!!!

I tell people that the world of guitar without a favorite V-Pick is like your favorite meal missing your favorite garnishing!!!

you let me know when you need more. I know someone who can help out!!!!

cheers amigo

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Damn it! I didn’t order THAT one!
I want to get 2 or 3 more, the one I have is 7/8 of the original size, with all it feels very good and it lasted 12 times more than the jazz iii and is much more confortable to grab.

Re. the OP: today we spent the whole day scanning b/w photographs in high dpi and formatting them in the computer, i think I should be able to share some of the positives here tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
27,284 Posts
I continue to be impressed with Andrei's ability to come up with multi-instrumental arrangements on his desktop, using contributions from others far away, in addition to his own playing. The production and engineering is top-notch, as is his own playing. Generating an all-instrumental guitar-spotlighted album that can keep a listener interested is no easy feat. Mere wanking will soon have the listener's attention wandering off somewhere. It takes compositions, arrangements, and solid "spicing" to maintain it, and Andrei's a pretty decent chef in that regard.

Like Dave, I'm humbled at being asked for an assessment.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Thanks Mark and Alex for your kind words and support, the album will be officially released on January 1st but it's been a nice surprise to discover that Alex was notified automatically by Bandcamp and he got it.

The album can be found through this link

I have planned a few surprises for the release but for now you can enjoy the musical content of the official release in its entirety.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I received notification from Bandcamp of its availability and am listening to it now. Sounds really nice and as a gear hound, I want to know details of every track....ie guitar, amps, pedals, etc!

My favourite....well Catschool, of course ;)

Congratulations Amagras on the completion of another cool sounding and interesting album.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I received notification from Bandcamp of its availability and am listening to it now. Sounds really nice and as a gear hound, I want to know details of every track....ie guitar, amps, pedals, etc!

My favourite....well Catschool, of course ;)

Congratulations Amagras on the completion of another cool sounding and interesting album.
Awesome! I was checking your profile on bandcamp today as I was making some changes to the credits of the first album. That's a nice cat in the picture!
I decided to go 100% the plugin route for "NO", however I used no more than 3 or 4 virtual amps and that's the sound of the album for bad or good: Amplitube Hiwatt custom 100 (Catschool), VOX AC30 and Mesa Boogie MK3, Overloud TH3 rhythm Marshall and Fender Blackface and a lot of DI tracks (most wah tracks). Most lead tracks have a preset created by Cytomic for their Tubescreamer plugin The Scream that simulates my own pedal, they made me run a lot of audio files through it:
And almost all bass tacks too:
I documented everything I thought it would be interesting to watch:
These two are Catschool:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
... That's a nice cat in the picture!
That's Lucy. She was a stray kitten that we adopted 7 years ago. She's gorgeous, very affectionate, runs the roost, and knows she's got it good! oh, an she likes to chew guitar cables - freakin' cat!!!

Digital technology is pretty impressive but it really requires the right equipment if running it to powered speakers. I downloaded the Fender Amps (2) for Amplitude and found that through headphones the sounds were much much better than passing the signal to my Yamaha powered speakers (which have a pretty good reputation). Out of the amps, I found the Super Reverb was my preference and my '57 RI Hot Rod Strat (w/ Lollar Blackface PUPS) sounded better than my "mongrel" Strat (w/ Lace Sensors) - again through headphones.

Thanks again, good luck with getting NO out there!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts