The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past Saturday was the fourth iteration of Porchfest. In Ottawa it takes place in a neighbourhoodcalled Hintonburg. Various artist play, acoustically or with minimal electrification, 45 to 60 minute sets either on the patios or sidewalks of local businesses and, literally, on the the front porches of private residences. 54 different performers/bands in total.
A very unique concept, as far as Iam concerned, and it permits local acts to build ther audience. Not sure if they are paid or not, but if they are I suspect a minimalamount.
It was a stellar day weather wise, everyone was in a chill good mood and all the entertainment was great. It was a great wayto catch up with new performers/bands that you had not yet had a chance to see otherwise.

·
Premium Member
27,230 Posts
This past Saturday was the fourth iteration of Porchfest. In Ottawa it takes place in a neighbourhoodcalled Hintonburg. Various artist play, acoustically or with minimal electrification, 45 to 60 minute sets either on the patios or sidewalks of local businesses and, literally, on the the front porches of private residences. 54 different performers/bands in total.
A very unique concept, as far as Iam concerned, and it permits local acts to build ther audience. Not sure if they are paid or not, but if they are I suspect a minimalamount.
It was a stellar day weather wise, everyone was in a chill good mood and all the entertainment was great. It was a great wayto catch up with new performers/bands that you had not yet had a chance to see otherwise.
One of the managers at work here played in a synth-based band at Porchfest. I only learned about it (the gig and the entire fest) after the fact, otherwise I would have checked out his band.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts