The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Ottawa Jam - Now Scheduled for 15 OCT 2022 at 1PM

3K views 62 replies 17 participants last post by  terminalvertigo 
#1 ·
Been a while since we got together. Wondering if anyone is interested in doing this again sometime? Covid is still a concern for many so not sure this would work. Would likely be a Saturday or Sunday afternoon in the large studio at Record Runner on Colonnade again.

Just reply here if interested and I'll keep a record of who's in. Date and time TBD so looking for suggestions. I spoke with @Chito and he's in.

I'll supply a good list of songsheets with lyrics and chords to get us going. Pretty sure my band's drummer will join us. Suggest beer and pizza afterwards at the Hard Stones patio around the corner.

Smile Cartoon Facial expression Human body Jaw

See less See more
#3 ·
Re the hesitation, I asked all my jam band members if they were cool with taking a covid test on the day of indoor jams so we could all go maskless. The tests are free at the grocery & drug stores now. Everyone said yes with no hesitation l. So sax and harp and vocals and all the other things that spew are back baby.

Good luck!

#13 ·
Ok, I've booked 3hrs at Record Runner Studios (Great Room) on Colonnade for Sunday, Sept 18th from 1pm to 4pm. It's $75.00 but I'm willing to cover the cost. Maybe some of you can bring a few drinks.

So far I have:
  1. @zdogma
  2. @Chito
  3. @terminalvertigo
  4. @mhammer
  5. @1SweetRide
  6. My bro will probably drum
Everyone is welcome at any level of experience.

#16 ·
#21 ·
It's a bit of a haul from TO o/wise I'd probably do it because jams are few and far between these days.

Last time I was in Ottawa was to see Tull, god knows how long ago, and they cancelled because Anderson's voice came to an end and he never regained it.

#20 · (Edited)
I'm probably going to bring the band's mixer for those of you that want to go direct to the board (me and Chito for sure). I have a singer coming too but anyone who wants to sing will be able to.

Anyone is welcome, room can hold about ten of us.

They'll have amps but I'm going directly from my board into the PA, others are welcome to do the same. Would be neat to compare modeling rigs.

#29 ·
RESCHDULED
NEW DATE: 15 October 2022 at 1pm at Record Runner Studios on Colonnade Drive in the Great Room. Hope to see you all there.

1. @zdogma
  2. @terminalvertigo
  3. @mhammer
  4. @1SweetRide
  5. My bro will drum
Anyone else want to join in? Let me know if the new date is problematic for any of you. If you want to send me your emails, I can give you access to our Google Drive songsheet folder or you can check out the songsheet forum here (although some of them are a bit out-of-date).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.