The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

I'm not sure where exactly this thread belongs, so I arbitrarily placed it here.

Just wondering if anyone is going to the Ottawa Guitar Show on Sunday May 28? Has anyone been to one before? This will be my first so I'm not sure what to expect.

Thanks,

Axe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
472 Posts
Bring a pocket full of cash. You never know what you will find!! I missed out on buying those cigarette box amps for $20. A couple of years ago I saw an early Rhodes keyboard there for sale. There were amps, lot of Marshalls-expensive, pedals, acouple of electric and acoustic makers. Even some supposedly authentic tirtle shell picks selling for $40 each. I don't know how to tell real from platic replicas.
AND with Eric Johnson in town, you never know if he might show up!!

·
Premium Member
4,431 Posts
Unfortunatly playing the Legion in Vanier Sunday afternoon and gonna miss the show. Hope you all have a great time and buy lots of guitars to re-sell here later on.lol

·
Registered
570 Posts
It's a great chance to see lots of interesting and vintage gear. I've been most years (can't remember if I made it last year or not) and it's always been a good couple hours of window shopping, test drives and chatting... I don't think I've ever bought anything there though.... The prices on most of the guitars always seemed a little "top dollar" to me (well, on the ones I was interested in, anyway)...

·
Registered
24,159 Posts
I'll be far far away so, sadly, I won't be able to make it. Of course, if any of you happen to have a transporter, I *do* have my overalls and red t-shirt with me, so I'm...y'know..."ready".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts