The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently poped into a few other guitar fourms, some popular and some not so popular.

All I can say is that they do have allot more activity than this board does but most of it is really way off topic nonsense, and incredibly hard to follow. Just reading through some of the posts on the other boards, I was reluctant to post anything as there seems to be allways someone waiting to jump all over you regardless of what you have to say.

There is actually more than one site that has a thread totally dedicated to automatic weapons and handguns. A very popular one even has a picture someone took of their young kid with a stationary machine gun - this was on a guitar forum.

That's just about all I have to say about that...

:smilie_flagge17:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
let me guess...the one with lots of guns is definately seymourduncan.com/forum as I have seen MANY MANY MAAAANY gun threads on there lol. The gear page isnt that bad. Birds and Moons has a lot of nonsense too, but not as bad as some. Guitarists.net forum is pretty decent, and of course, this forum PWNS them all.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I know what you mean about the other forums. Sometimes I have to check and see if it is in fact a guitar forum. I prefer this little community. Wish it would get a little larger though. Pass it on...

:smilie_flagge17:

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I think part of the issue is that other forums consist mainly of 'Merkans. "Not that theres anything wrong with that" of course. Its a stereotype, but I find that they are much more polarized in their views and arent willing to listen to a different viewpoint. They stick to their guns, in more ways than one. Because this is a Canadian forum, everyone seems a little more open minded. Plus, many of the other forums have WAY more posters than this one, therefore lots more differing opinions.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
I think part of the issue is that other forums consist mainly of 'Merkans. "Not that theres anything wrong with that" of course. Its a stereotype, but I find that they are much more polarized in their views and arent willing to listen to a different viewpoint. They stick to their guns, in more ways than one. Because this is a Canadian forum, everyone seems a little more open minded. Plus, many of the other forums have WAY more posters than this one, therefore lots more differing opinions.

...guns are a religion in 'merka - their minds are closed on the subject. i have been permanently banned from the fdp, and temporarily banned from tgp several times, just for having an opinion on guns that doesn't meet nra criteria.

i'm afraid i don't have the stomach for harmony central. its a cesspool of hate and ignorance.

there's a small forum called simply "strat" that is made up of the most considerate and civilized folks i have ever encountered on the internet.

i have to say, however, that guitars canada is my favourite of all of them.

no apple-polishing, as my buddy clint hammond would say - its the first forum i check out every morning.

-dh

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
The question that remains here is, we need more members. There are literally thousands of guitar players here in Canada, that much we know. It's getting the word out that is the tough part. I do as much advertising as I can afford, through google etc. But word of mouth is free. So we should all tell our guitar playing buddies out there to join up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts