The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have links to any other buy sell and trade forums in Canada? Would it be possible to have a thread for people to add links?

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Not really forums, but Kijiji and Craigslist both offer local classifieds with musical instruments section. HUGE selection of stuff on there.

The Gear Page isn't Canadian, but there are Canadian sellers on it.

Red Flag Deals has music gear on it occasionally as well.

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I used Craigslist for the first time a few weeks ago. I listed a cheap Chinese upright bass and within a couple minutes of posting the add was getting emails. I phoned a couple of the people and setup an appointment for a guy to come over the next day and he bought it right there. Sold my bass in a little over 24hrs, then the next day found an old Lute that a friend's brother was selling for the same price I sold my bass for, and bought the lute that weekend. I recommend it, though one problem I have is people using dealer's pictures when they list something for sale.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
M_A_T_T said:
I used Craigslist for the first time a few weeks ago. I listed a cheap Chinese upright bass and within a couple minutes of posting the add was getting emails. I phoned a couple of the people and setup an appointment for a guy to come over the next day and he bought it right there. Sold my bass in a little over 24hrs, then the next day found an old Lute that a friend's brother was selling for the same price I sold my bass for, and bought the lute that weekend. I recommend it, though one problem I have is people using dealer's pictures when they list something for sale.

My experiences with Craigslist echo yours. As long as you place a good ad with photos, price stuff farily, and don't 'hold' items for people the stuff sells super quick. I rarely have an item take over 2 days to sell.

What gets me mad is when people place one line ads with no photos and a ridiculous price, then complain that Craigslist is no good because their item won't sell. I will never understand what people are thinking.

While Kijiji has a smaller userbase, it's actually got a better setup then Craigslist. And it offers more cities, and you can post in multiple cities.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts