The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

which do you prefer, if you were going to eat some oreos?

• i like the regulation creme

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • i want me some double stuff

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • double stuff ain't enough. i want mega stuff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i like to stack the creme from multiple cookies into one towering stuff extravaganza

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • don't you wish they sold stuff by the gallon?

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • i wish i could buy no stuff, just the cookie part

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so, lots of people like them to varying degrees. nearly everyone here has at least eaten one before, and know they come in various configurations. in my mind, they need to involve a glass of milk, because they require dunking.

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
I used to scrape the "stuff" off when I was a kid, and just eat the cookie part. I haven't had an Oreo since the early 70's probably. I agree with the milk part though.

L

·
0 Posts
i used to go there all the time, the one on oconnor (i think) for $20 i got a HUGE box of chips ahoy
I used to pass that place all the time on my way to work in the early 80's.
Then I got a job at the Laura Secord plant.
You ain't had a Turtle until you had one fresh off the line while the caramel was still warm.
Mmmm ...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
You used to be able to get just the cookies. I remember they came in a blue half box, one long row, like crackers, with cellophane so you could see cookies.

Oreo wafers? They're always broken.

·
Registered
10,093 Posts
I used to pass that place all the time on my way to work in the early 80's.
Then I got a job at the Laura Secord plant.
You ain't had a Turtle until you had one fresh off the line while the caramel was still warm.
Mmmm ...

Am I the only person who thought those 'turtles' looked like something else?

·
Registered
24,389 Posts
I miss 'em. Been several decades since I was allowed to eat them. But when I was allowed, I thought the filling/cookie balance was appropriate. Hard to imagine they would have released the product without significant consumer-testing beforehand.

·
Premium Member
16,838 Posts
So long as its not peanut butter, i like them.

Peak freans is around the corner from the jamspace. Some load outs work up an appetite.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts