The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
I checked it out--they're out of stock of what I want other than the 3 foot cable.

I'm hoping to get all from the same place--easier on shipping, etc.

But I'll keep an eye on them.
Every once in awhile they give free shipping without having to reach a certain $ amount. I'll let you know if I see something in case your still looking. Did you read the reviews on these cables. These people are not kidding.

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have a few Spectraflex cables, I got them in here when Scott was selling gear, good stuff and reasonably priced.

The carry the sizes you're looking for in this line... Baldee Guitar Cables
With shipping I'd be paying a lot more than I was hoping to.
Which was one reason I wanted to get them locally--save that cost.
Without shipping--I'm okay with the cost--but the shipping adds a whole bunch--maybe if I was getting more cables or sharing an order with somebody.

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
With shipping I'd be paying a lot more than I was hoping to.
Which was one reason I wanted to get them locally--save that cost.
Without shipping--I'm okay with the cost--but the shipping adds a whole bunch--maybe if I was getting more cables or sharing an order with somebody.
What is local to you anyway.

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks again to everybody who responded.
I was hoping for one source, but that doesn't look likely at this time, so either I wait or I get from 2 or 3 sources.

Not a big deal, what I have will work for now, but I'd like the angled plugs as they will fit better.

Reactions: bzrkrage

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
I received my order of cables from Cosmo music a couple weeks ago. A bunch of the premium gold EBS which have been my new favorite patch cables for over a year now and a couple of Planet Waves American Stage cables, which I'm very impressed with.
It took 2 days from the time I ordered to my door so am quite happy with how quickly it was shipped, amidst Covid 19. I used Purolator which was free shipping.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Thanks, I did reach out to them, they have the parts but aren't able to assemble them. I don't trust myself with a solder gun lol.

·
Premium Member
17,000 Posts
Thanks, I did reach out to them, they have the parts but aren't able to assemble them. I don't trust myself with a solder gun lol.
Send me a PM if you want to have the parts drop shipped to me and I'll make them for you.

No cost to you apart from the added shipping from my place to yours. I'm in Kitchener, ON.

Be sure that you can get a (stereo) TRS 1/4" plug if you want to go with stubby/short plug as I only see mono stubby/short plugs on their site.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
I've had a number of cables over the years from Monoprice and they've been pretty good for the price. However, I just placed an order from Primecables for a bunch of right angle patch cables for a pedalboard and had the tip of one of their cables break off in the jack of an Empress Reverb pedal the first time I used it. I checked the rest of them and every single one of them were loose, I can't believe the absolute garbage quality of the cables. The cables that were branded Monoprice from them seem to still be decent quality (they were gold/copper coloured ends) but the non Monoprice branded ones (silver tips) were garbage. Not sure how they determine which ones they ship to you but I know I'll be staying away.

I just placed an order from Best Tronics in the US for a bunch of solderless cables. Even paying $40 for shipping I was able to get a much cheaper price than anywhere I could order in Canada for what I needed. Seems like a lot of companies are using G&H plugs and the cable I bought and just rebranding it for their company, at least for pedalboard kits.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a set from Crosby Audio

I'm pretty sure it's rebranded generic stuff, but it works quite well. Just be careful with the screws and thread. They're tiny and easy to strip when assembling.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I've got some 1' cables on the way.
With angled plugs.
I'm keeping an eye out for the others.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts