The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bunch of Boss pedals in a BCB-60 board. I should know this but I can't remember. Should my guitar plug in to the delay, chorus, octaver pedals first? Or the Distortion and compression pedals first?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,190 Posts
There are really no set rules for arranging your pedals but ideally based on how the pedals affect your tone/sound, it goes this way:

Wah-->Compression-->Distortion/OD-->Chorus/Flanger/Tremolo/Phaser-->Delay/Reverb

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So your saying, Guitar plugs in to Compression first then down the list that you provided? Thanks for the info. And just wondering where the ocataver best fits in there.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I use the same board. Boy are those handy.

Do you have an effects loop on your amp?

It's a little messier, but what I use:
Wah (sits outside the box)->tuner->SD1->amp
chorus->phaser->flanger->DanEcho->Parallel FX Loop

I use the 2 output channels on the board to keep the cords a bit sorted out.

·
Premium Member
4,190 Posts
Try putting the octaver where the modulation pedals (chorus/flanger/tremolo) are.

I have the old BCB6 which was my main pedalboard before I got hit with GAS. :) Like Dwagar, I had the volume and wah pedals out of the board. The effects I have on the BCB goes this way:

PSM-5 Power Supply-->CS-3 compressor-->DS-1 Distortion-->BD-2 Blues Driver-->CH-1 Super Chorus-->DD-3 Digital Delay

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sometimes it is cool to put your compression after your first OD. It can help make the transitions from clean to dirty more seamless. That way too, your signal isn't compressed before it gets to the OD - this helps save some of the dynamics in your playing that can get lost with too much compression.

:wave:

·
Registered
15 Posts
i would go

guitar-->octave-->compression-->OD-->chorus-->delay-->amp.

this is definately the "safest" order but see what works best for you.

for example, i like to use wah AFTER distortion. i find i get a more pronounced wah sound. i find that when i put it BEFORE distortion it just sounds like a filter turning on and off.

good luck:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
171 Posts
some people have problems with tracking on Octave units so they tend to put them near the front of the pedal order to reduce the amount of effected signal they get from other pedals

1 - 9 of 9 Posts