The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I'm new here and would like help on a few things.

first thing i'd like ot ask is, in what order should effect pedals be placed in if i want a proper sound set up?

the gear I have is as follows

- Boss CT-2
- Boss MT-2
- Boss LS-2
- Boss DD-3
- Boss OC-2
- Boss PW10
- Boss ME-50
- Radial Tone Bone Hot British Distortion (tube pedal)
- Morely Bad Horsie Wah Pedal

I would like to know the proper way in which to set these up so that there is no sound councellations or unnecessary sound tone alterations.

- _\m/ Rocker Kupr _\m/ -

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
The only 'proper' way is the way that sounds good to you... there's no rules.

I personally go: Guitar --> Tuner --> Wah --> Overdrive --> Distortion --> Modulation (sometimes I put these in the effects loop) --> Amp.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Correctomundo. There is no "right" way.

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts
As mentioned above, there is no set way of arranging your pedals. But, there is a guideline that you can follow:

GUITAR - COMPRESSION - WAH - DISTORTION/OD - NOISE GATE - MODULATION - DELAY - AMP

That's pretty much how I set up mine. Although I don't use a noise gate.

Set it up like the above then move them around to see which combination works best for you. I also noticed you have a line selector. That should give you a few options.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
But if...

...you're using an amp where your OD is the pre amp channel, then time base effects like reverb, echo, chorus etc. go in the amp's effects loop.

·
Premium Member
10,950 Posts
The Boss effects booklet and website has good illustrations and suggestions for effects order. There is also an article in the latest L7M flyer.

Peace, Mooh.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts