The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,689 Posts
Is the 100 supposed to be a headroom pedal platform? Haven’t seen any reviews but I bet for certain doom tones it would be the bizniz. My tat artist leads a local recording punk 3 piece, and carries 2 of their little high wattage ss models, and swears by them for gigging. Orange is very well loved in that crowd.

·
Premium Member
8,689 Posts
Ok go look at 3:35 on the PedalBaby demo, and tell me that’s not a great sound. And the TremLord, right off the bat it sounds WOW clean, though it’ll cost a mint. Future classic?

·
Premium Member
4,481 Posts
Is the 100 supposed to be a headroom pedal platform? Haven’t seen any reviews but I bet for certain doom tones it would be the bizniz. My tat artist leads a local recording punk 3 piece, and carries 2 of their little high wattage ss models, and swears by them for gigging. Orange is very well loved in that crowd.
Yeah, it looks that’s what it’s best used for. Will be a monster for that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I’ve always had an eye on orange products. This TremLord is really cool looking! I’ve always used combo amps but am considering grabbing a 112 or 212 cab and find myself 1 or 2 nice heads. A nice head for a cleaner sound and one for more heavier gain stuff. I’d like one of those heads to maybe be a orange! HNG^%$

·
Premium Member
5,192 Posts
That's a really well done ad. Great marketing.

I live Orange amps in general, but this one's super interesting. Probably will be out of my price range though.

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
As I posted in another thread, I have an issue with some of their marketing speak:

Neutral-sounding but still flattering,
So what is it, 'neutral sounding' or 'still flattering'? These are opposing goals and it can't be both. If it's neutral sounding, it will accurately replicate whatever is coming in, warts and all. Hardly flattering, in that case. C'mon Orange, pick a side.

CLASS A FRONT END
Inspired by valve amp design, the Pedal Baby 100 uses a Class A, single-ended front end. Forget sterile-sounding Solid State amps, the Pedal Baby 100 keeps all of your tone’s mojo, then adds a bit more.
That's like claiming it runs on power.

I've never seen a piece of audio equipment that didn't have Class A single-ended front ends. Why would do otherwise, adding unnecessary complication and expense? Front ends, by nature, modify/amplify voltage and provide no power/current. Providing power/current is the only time you would go to a different class, for more efficiency/power at lesser cost than a Class A output section could do. Management speak for what everything else out there also has.

Not to say this box isn't interesting. I think there's a market for small Class A/B amps in a sea of Class D amps. I just don't dig the confusing or pointless text.

·
Premium Member
17,161 Posts
Well, they have to market it. :p

I am hoping to add an Orange combo to the house rig this year, pending not going broke releasing the album.

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
Well, they have to market it. :p

I am hoping to add an Orange combo to the house rig this year, pending not going broke releasing the album.
I agree. And most of the marketing was good, informational stuff. Those two parts I snipped out just irked me a bit. Unnecessary blabber in an otherwise fine cutsheet.

Good luck with the album release.

Reactions: Budda
1 - 13 of 13 Posts