The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of coins that I'd like to turn into cash. I have seen them advertised for $800 and up but they don't seem to be selling. Any tips for turning silver bucks into spendable bucks? The silver content value, unless I misunderstood, is $1400 to $1600. Now, don't tell me to go and see Harold, the Jewelry Buyer.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Silver is around 500$ a Kilo, Do you have 3 kilograms of coins???
I think eBay is still the best bet. I checked completed listings, and uncirculated sets seem to sell for 500$
How many do you have??

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Might be interested, depending on condition and your valuation. Send good pics and what you want please.

·
Premium Member
9,745 Posts
try finding some collectors shows/stores. will they be better than the Harolds? prob not.
But IMO they wont be easy to offload. ppl don't collect this stuff the way they used to. I don't know any millennials/genx etc that would spend any money/time on it, and there aren't enough old ppl with disposable cash to fleece. I see this stuff at antique flea markets, and pretty much nowhere else.
do banks buy silver coins just for the value of the silver? not sure.
hope this helps:
Where to Sell Silver Coins for Cash (8 Options)
google will prob find you more places like this:
Canadian Coin and Currency - Home

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey laristotle: They offer to pay $475 for the 28 coin set but sell for $850.

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
That link above, there's a tech specs box which says 2044g silver, just over 2kg. I'm not vouching for it, seems like a lot to me. 2kg of silver= $1344 CDN according to this link (at this moment, fluctuates by the minute) Silver Price

I'm guessing the 2044g must be way high for the set, else almost every set in existence would have been melted down by now. Have a postal or kitchen scale?

Edit, .925 fineness so 2044 x .925 = 1,890.7 x $6.7174 (kg/100) = $1,270.06 pure silver current price. Still too high. Must weigh less.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts