The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have or play one? I’ve watched some YouTube vids but find it hard to always tell what they actually sound like. I have a blackstar HT 20 and wonder if they are similar (therefore makeing the Egnater a bit redundant). It’s being offered for a trade for my Traynor YCV 15 blue and I’m just not sure if it’s worth it.

Any options or thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks.

Dan

·
Administrator
15,979 Posts
I'm an Egnater fan, and have owned a few, still have a Renegade, but those YCV 15 Blue's are kind of special. I'm not saying the YCV will sound better, probably not, but I think it's worth more.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm an Egnater fan, and have owned a few, still have a Renegade, but those YCV 15 Blue's are kind of special. I'm not saying the YCV will sound better, probably not, but I think it's worth more.
That’s sort of what I was thinking too. Thanks for the help.

·
Administrator
15,979 Posts
If it's anything like the Rebel 30, I'd make that trade in a heartbeat.
It's an updated Rebel 30, should be terrific. I'm pretty sure it will sound better than the YCV 15, but it "may" not be as dependable and it "may" not hold it's value the same.

Having said that I'd likely make the trade too, LOL.

But as stated, I'm an Egnater fan boy.

Egnater's updated Rebel-30 Mark II amp head is an all-around performer. The clean channel has been redesigned to offer tons of clean headroom with a very low noise floor. The Rebel-30's overdrive channel has been tweaked to give you massive amounts of gain. Egnater fitted the Rebel-30 with a new Elite transformer for higher headroom and better performance. Whether you want a slight crunch or heavy drop-tune metal riffs, this amp has the gain you need. Bring your dream tones to life with an all-tube head that fits in a gig bag - the Egnater Rebel-30 Mark II guitar amp head.

L

·
0 Posts
It’s being offered for a trade for my Traynor YCV 15 blue and I’m just not sure if it’s worth it.
.. it "may" not be as dependable and it "may" not hold it's value the same.
I would have gone for the 30 but not the 20, although I haven't heard a new one.
Try it out and if you like it, counter offer with cash coming your way? informing the trader of resale value/quality differences.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts