The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Part-time pedal builder
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've got a trade offer for a 60th Anniversary Strat (2006) upgraded with Fralin Blues Special pickups.

Does anyone have any opinions on this guitar? I'm a strat guy so I'm tempted to check it out. I won't go through with the trade, but it's in another city so I'm wondering if it's worth it in terms of value.

Trade would be a 2013 Gibson LP Studio with JS Moore pickups and a Fairfield Barbershop for the Fender with Fralins.

I'd love any opinions you guys have. Any idea of the resale of the Fender?

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
IIRC the '06 60th Annie (of the Fender Co.) had a small diamond hologram medallion on the back of the headstock & a silver case but nothing different about the guitar - Fender slapped those medallions on just about everything they churned out that year.

The '04 50th Annie (of the Strat) Am Std is the one to have. Ash body, CS54 pups, thick single-ply guard & tweed case with 50th Annie logo.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
No, I think the OP was offered a 2006 60th Annie model.

Stupid Fender using any excuse to call something a special edition & charge more money for it. What's next Fender, a Mr. Plow P-Bass?*

*MUCH funnier if read in a Homer Simpson voice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.