The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Robot tuners are a great way to explore the different tunings and easily incorporate them into a live show with only one guitar.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
That was a great article. Seemed to sway towards the Heavier genres in Rock. Perfect. Glad that Opeth was mentioned. Akerfeldt uses a lot of different tunings in his work. You'd have to know your shit to play with that guy.

@CompleteGuitar ....You're going to want to change your spelling for the Frank Gambale section.

It should read "Frank Gambale Tuning" instead of Frank Gamble Tunning..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was a great article. Seemed to sway towards the Heavier genres in Rock. Perfect. Glad that Opeth was mentioned. Akerfeldt uses a lot of different tunings in his work. You'd have to know your shit to play with that guy.

@CompleteGuitar ....You're going to want to change your spelling for the Frank Gambale section.

Right. Thanks for catching that. Ya I found allot of the alt tunings are played in the heavier stuff.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting choices for "Top 12". I use about half a dozen tunings, but only 3 that you listed.

My list would include Open D, Open D minor, DADGAD, and Double Drop D.
Thanks man. Ya there are way more i could add in an update.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice. Perhaps I'll include that update. There hundreds man.

Glad you liked the article. Cheers man

1 - 11 of 11 Posts