The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forecasting heavy rain and possibly an ice storm this weekend.
In case theyre right, make sure your downspouts are clear, don't park under a tree of questionable strength, and have your blackout supplies handy. Check forecasts and traffic updates if you plan to travel.
Stay safe everyone.

·
Registered
24,678 Posts
Our forecast in Ottawa is for snow tonight, and noticeably more snow tomorrow.

As I keep saying: Calgary is the future of weather. There is no respect for the seasons there. Any type of weather can come at any time of year. And that's what we're getting now. I'm just glad the snowblower is fueled up and accessible. I was also conveniently slow in swapping snow tires for summer tires.

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
FFS! I have a gig Saturday night.
Drive safe.
I have a gig out of town tonight so hopefully nothing starts tonight. Unfortunately I had some plans this weekend, Saturday Long and Mcquades to try out a couple amps and Niagara Falls to see someone about a possible refret. Gonna have to put those plans on hold.

·
Premium Member
17,167 Posts
I have my weekly sunday commute, sounds like i'll be staring at the highway conditions sites.

·
Premium Member
13,083 Posts
At this very minute, 9:01 a.m. MT 2018/04/13, it is &^$%&*^&!! snowing in Edmonton

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
Our forecast in Ottawa is for snow tonight, and noticeably more snow tomorrow.

As I keep saying: Calgary is the future of weather. There is no respect for the seasons there. Any type of weather can come at any time of year. And that's what we're getting now. I'm just glad the snowblower is fueled up and accessible. I was also conveniently slow in swapping snow tires for summer tires.
It's a good reason to stay indoors and play guitar :)

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
Drive safe.
I have a gig out of town tonight so hopefully nothing starts tonight. Unfortunately I had some plans this weekend, Saturday Long and Mcquades to try out a couple amps and Niagara Falls to see someone about a possible refret. Gonna have to put those plans on hold.
Smart plan I think.

·
Registered
9,064 Posts
I teach Saturday mornings and am hoping that there is just enough ice for classes to be cancelled. Then again, that will only leave me one more meeting with that class before the exam and I am having a tooth pulled next Friday so was planning to cut next Saturday;s class short. If tomorrow's is cancelled I won't be able to do that next week.

·
Premium Member
10,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its a wacky year ...this is normally the time when we'd be opening up the cottage, putting in docks/boats etc, pulling out the summer car, bike etc. I think we'll be closer to May this year.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
We have a funny perception as Canadians. Maybe it's all the influence from warmer climates, I don't know. April can have any kind of weather, snow, hail, ice storms, you name it.
Traditionally, when I was a kid, the first weekend of camping was the May long weekend. Anything earlier you stood the chance of freezing conditions.

·
Premium Member
10,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We have a funny perception as Canadians. Maybe it's all the influence from warmer climates, I don't know. April can have any kind of weather, snow, hail, ice storms, you name it.
Traditionally, when I was a kid, the first weekend of camping was the May long weekend. Anything earlier you stood the chance of freezing conditions.
Ya and I remember an awful lot of cold rainy May 24 weekends shivering in a tent drinking beer.

·
Premium Member
13,083 Posts
Still, five months and thirteen days straight with snow on the ground starts get a bit irritating

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Ya and I remember an awful lot of cold rainy May 24 weekends shivering in a tent drinking beer.
Me too. But now I have a cozy travel trailer. At some point too you embrace it or find somewhere else to be. The weather is whatever it is so deal with it. (By not whining :D)

Still, five months and thirteen days straight with snow on the ground starts get a bit irritating
I spent time in Edmonton. One winter I think was around 6 months of snow and cold. So not uncommon.
Checked the latitude you're at and the absence of mountains that could contain the arctic fronts that move in frequently??

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
I brought some extra wood in for the wood stove which we use to heat with exclusively. We can cook with it if we have to so we are all good here.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
This has been a record year here in the City of Champions...most consecutive days with below zero temperatures...167 and still going strong! Way to go, Edmonton!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,083 Posts
I spent time in Edmonton. One winter I think was around 6 months of snow and cold. So not uncommon. Checked the latitude you're at and the absence of mountains that could contain the arctic fronts that move in frequently??
Last two Aprils, snow was gone and temperature avg. was around 12 to 15. I handle the cold quite well but not for more than 5 months.

·
Premium Member
8,691 Posts
New all time record for consecutive days below freezing in Edmonton, as of today.

I still haven't seen my front or back lawn as the snow hasn't melted. More snow forecast early next week.

Meh.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts