The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use this configuration?? I have one 2V/2T guitar and I set the volume the same, but the tones different ([email protected] and [email protected]). I love the tonal range it gives me with the flip of toggle switch. If I want to boost the Volume, I like using a pedal.

I also have 2V/1T guitar and I am thinking of changing it to to 1V/2T. It has A4/A2 P90s. Mahogany slab, set neck, Gibson scale. Opinions? Comments?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Keep in mind that when you have the middle position engaged on a Gibson (or guitar with switching like that, with two equal value volume pots in parallel in the middle position) what it's doing for the sound: effectively cutting the value "of the pot" (combined parallel value of resistance to ground, anyway) in half. It's a somewhat sweeter/softer sound that way. So unless you incorporate this into your new 1 Vol / 2 Tone setup (if feasible, if you can find an appropriate switch for the job and fit it in the guitar), it might disappoint you for the middle position. Then again you might prefer it...I don't, but you might. :) I also prefer the ability to blend the pickups with the volume controls in the middle position, as touchy as it can be with the standard Gibson way.

·
Registered
277 Posts
it would be a pretty simple matter of where you place the pots in the circuit. try it and see if you like it. just make a test rig for electronics

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
I leave the tone pots wide open usually and get tone from the hands and amp/effects. One (master) volume is my preference. KISS seems to be my mantra.

Peace, Mooh.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a G&L Legacy with 1 v and 2 t, but the tones are treble and bass for any pickup combo. Why didn't Fender think of this. Oh, I guess he did :sport-smiley-002: Anyway, this allows for a ton of adjustment and tonal variations. I would imagine Strats could be rewired to this combo by a skilled tech.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts