The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my kid's pastimes is learning a song behind my back and then busting it out while I'm at my computer working in the morning.

Although, I'm more of a fan of his Metallica riffs, this one ain't bad either. The fact that he learns this stuff completely by ear is mind-boggling to me.

·
Administrator
17,163 Posts
He's already got better right hand technique than me.

Reactions: KapnKrunch

·
Premium Member
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is beyond awesome! Get him singing immediately. Immediately, Dad!
Thanks - he actually sung it right after, but his rhythm isn't the same, so I opted for this version - his chord fingerings make me chuckle and his little bouncing arm - I love it - and he doesn't do it when he sings.

I think I've mentioned before that I prefer he keep this as a hobby. The way the media makes these kids yearn for attention/spotlight/fame ain't right. there's actually an ad on TV aimed at kids pushing them to be famous. I'll try to post it when I see it next. Shameful stuff.

Anyway, I've probably got a battle on my hands. Thankfully, he's doing okay in school - but the true test will be high school.

·
Premium Member
3,799 Posts
That's awesome Chuck but where the hell is the "electric guitar" in this post?!

;)
I was saying to my wife yesterday that a friend has been hoarding a mint 3/4 size Rickenbacker for thirty years now. Maybe if you get up into five figures, you could get it for the lad. LOL. Help him on his way to stardom and neurosis. Just kidding, you are a great dad to protect your son!

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
Thanks - he actually sung it right after, but his rhythm isn't the same, so I opted for this version - his chord fingerings make me chuckle and his little bouncing arm - I love it - and he doesn't do it when he sings.

I think I've mentioned before that I prefer he keep this as a hobby. The way the media makes these kids yearn for attention/spotlight/fame ain't right. there's actually an ad on TV aimed at kids pushing them to be famous. I'll try to post it when I see it next. Shameful stuff.

Anyway, I've probably got a battle on my hands. Thankfully, he's doing okay in school - but the true test will be high school.
There is some good parental wisdom in your post, there, Adcandour.

Reactions: Adcandour

·
Registered
12,658 Posts
nah, you got nuthin to worry about. he'll be smart enough to know better by the time it's important for him to know that stuff is just fluff and not real life. there aint much in this world that's cooler than a kid who loves music. good for you, double-barrel good for him!

·
Registered
569 Posts
That's fantstic! By ear no less. That skill will really serve him well. How old is he?

G

·
That's so cool!
You're doing a great job at inspiring him, keep it up.
Bring the family up to Riff Wrath's.
He'll enjoy watching dad play and he can step up too.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Way to go! At his age and with you around being that you like playing guitar, he'll surely be good with it in a not so distant future.

·
Premium Member
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's so cool!
You're doing a great job at inspiring him, keep it up.
Bring the family up to Riff Wrath's.
He'll enjoy watching dad play and he can step up too.
Thanks. It pumps him up when he pumps me up. He was teaching himself seek and destroy this morning - I can't just sit there I gotta bounce around.

I definitely want to bring them up to rw

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
Your son is just adorable. He's having so much fun and not taking things too seriously. I honestly wish I could be like that. Just look at the joy on his face.

Good for him!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts