The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody doing the one-man show? Strictly acoustic? A mix of both (electric and acoustic)? What's your set up? Website? :DevilGuitar:

·
Registered
54 Posts
one man show

I used to do it when I started performing just to get used to playng in front of a crowd. My rig was just an acoustic, Boss RC20, Flanger and Chorus pedals run through teh p/a. I did classic and modern rock covers, a few origs, just rhythm acoustic and very simple lead (Wish You Were Here solo was the most complex I'd get) I made from $75 - $120 per night depending on the tips.

I did this in coffee houses, then I found a band. Since I started gigging in a full rock band, going back to solo shows lost it's appeal but I still host open stages every other month.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Does anyone know what rig she's using? My RC20 can do that.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I need to be politically-correct; One person show? or One musician Show? How about Onesome show? :)

Noone likes to be *compared* but she's kinda Lucinda Williams-ish. She's good.

·
Registered
100 Posts
ofender said:
I guess I need to be politically-correct; One person show? or One musician Show? How about Onesome show? :)

Noone likes to be *compared* but she's kinda Lucinda Williams-ish. She's good.

Haha, no I didn't mean it like that. I just thought it was a good performance, and she was doing the one man show thing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
For those in the York Region area, I just caught Grant Fullerton (Lighthouse) last Saturday night in Mt. Albert. First time I ever saw him both on the acoustic with a foot controlled drum machine, but also by himself on stage.

Made me want to get back into solo gigs but his lead blows me out of the water which is why I joined a band!

http://www.grantfullerton.com/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts