The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://store.guitarfetish.com/modboards.html

do you think those things are legitimate? It would be awesome to have an onboard distortion or chorus. Imagine just plugging in at a gig and playing straight into the PA using just the effects on your guitar. :eek:

I might try these jut for kicks hahaha, or maybe put one into a small match box as a mini guitar pedal you could carry in your pocket? :banana: :banana:

·
Registered
874 Posts
Not sure about those but I have some onboard effects on my Crate VFX amp. It,s an all tube design with a digital FX section. I mostly use pedals but the onboard chorus, reverb and delays are nice in small doses.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
GuitaristZ said:
http://store.guitarfetish.com/modboards.html

do you think those things are legitimate? It would be awesome to have an onboard distortion or chorus. Imagine just plugging in at a gig and playing straight into the PA using just the effects on your guitar. :eek:

I might try these jut for kicks hahaha, or maybe put one into a small match box as a mini guitar pedal you could carry in your pocket? :banana: :banana:
I saw those too and was intrigued. The only pedal I really use is a little chorus on my fretless once in awhile. Would be neat to have it right on the bass, though so many guitar-based chorus pedals sound like crap on the lower strings of a bass.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
The Clapton Strat has a board (and 9vt battery) in it. I added one to my Am Std Strat. It really kicks.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
GuitaristZ said:
you added the GFS clapton circuit one?
No, I added the Fender one. I found one at Axe for $99.

·
Registered
Peavey Wolfgang EVH Wolfgang Charvel Style 2
1,487 Posts
I believe that if these "boards" sound good then yeah they are a viable alternative to pedals and onboard amp effects... I mean why not give it a try if the sounds are there... if they sound shitty then that speaks for it'self.
The only possible downfall if it sounds great is... altering your guitar in any way shape or form can have negative effects... if that's a concern... but if it's not then go fo it.

Khing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts