The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
josh jones said:
I know there are nylon, and standard picks. nylon is often in shades of grey black and white, and there are standard picks, which are in colour. I also know that they come in all different types of thicknesses. which one is bets for which purpose? and what I wonder is: why are some of the coloured picks a bigger shape than the others?
also, i heard a good tip is to pick a pick that is the same thickness as your fingernail, is that true?
tell me more?
are there any other bits that I am missing?
:DevilGuitar: :rockon2: :rockon: :confused-smiley-010
Pick thickness really depends on what you are looking for in sound. A thicker pick is usually used if you want to dig into those strings. If you want a softer sound go with thinner pick.

Pick size is personal preference, what feels best for you.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Teleplucker said:
Do you have the pieces? Supposedly a little crazy glue and some light sanding with fine sandpaper will fix them.

The key with Tortis: don't flex them, they snap. I've got a pretty heavy attack and I've never snapped one.
It didn't snap, divots. :eek:

I'm doing the same now with my Ultex which is suppose to be a tough material as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.