The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
The body shape has changed . I've always loved the simplicity of the basic Ray . Even with a three band .

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
I once played one and a Bongo.
Feel good. Wish they came passive though.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I cannot imagine EB putting out a passive Bongo . BMW might have designed the shape but the pre is all Dudley Gimpel .

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
You notice the little things with Ernie Ball instruments . The string posts have a taper so the string naturally sits at the bottom of the post . The flip up lid for the battery . The compensated nut . You have the feeling that the designers there thought long and hard about each element of the instrument , and made it better . Probably the best made production instruments in the US . I think everybody should have a Stingray . (and a Ric , along with a Pbass)
But check out the balance of the G string , it's notoriously weaker than the others on older Rays . Yours should have the big ass 18 volt preamp so they've probably adjusted that . I hope you've got that classic big chunky neck they're famous for . A classic meat and potatoes neck . Based on the pre 69 or TV logo Pbass neck .
Congratulations on picking up another classic bass !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts