The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow, almost 25 000 posts as I'm writing this.

That's quite a few posts.
Good Job everybody. I'm gonna drink to this:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Jeff Flowerday said:
And only 200+ banned spammers. I've banned at least 30 in the last month.

:tongue:
Seriously, how do you ban people that fast? I haven't seen a single spammer on this forum!!!

I've heard rumors from GuitarsCanada that you're faster then Clint Eastwood :eek:

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Stratocaster said:
Seriously, how do you ban people that fast? I haven't seen a single spammer on this forum!!!

I've heard rumors from GuitarsCanada that you're faster then Clint Eastwood :eek:
I have a screening process that I don't want to divulge publically. :tongue: We don't get many sign ups, so I check them each out. If they look fishy they are gone.

In most cases they are banned before they can even post!!! :banana: :banana:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^ have you banned by IP?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jeff Flowerday said:
If I could I would. I'm just a lonely moderator not an admin.
You're a supermoderator:bow:

·
Registered
319 Posts
The Law

GuitarsCanada said:
We do, unfortunatley the pro spammers have tons. It's a world wide game. It takes constant monitoring to keep them off here.
Despite legislation by many countries to fight SPAM .........it has little or no effect.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man: You sit here, dear.
Wife: All right.
Man: Morning!
Waitress: Morning!
Man: Well, what've you got?
Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam;
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam...
Waitress: ...spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam...
Vikings: Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!
Waitress: ...or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.
Wife: Have you got anything without spam?
Waitress: Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got much spam in it.
Wife: I don't want ANY spam!
Man: Why can't she have egg bacon spam and sausage?
Wife: THAT'S got spam in it!
Man: Hasn't got as much spam in it as spam egg sausage and spam, has it?
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam... (Crescendo through next few lines...)
Wife: Could you do the egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam then?
Waitress: Urgghh!
Wife: What do you mean 'Urgghh'? I don't like spam!
Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
Waitress: Shut up!
Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
Waitress: Shut up! (Vikings stop) Bloody Vikings! You can't have egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam.
Wife: I don't like spam!
Man: Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!
Vikings: Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
Waitress: Shut up!! Baked beans are off.
Man: Well could I have her spam instead of the baked beans then?
Waitress: You mean spam spam spam spam spam spam... (but it is too late and the Vikings drown her words)
Vikings: (Singing elaborately...) Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam! Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam. Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Spam spam spam spam!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Spammers will never go away they only get smarter with tools like bots to auto sign up and log in and even post for them. SOme can scour google looking for open sites and ports to unleash the crap on.

Someone mentioned laws but there are so many countries on the net that don't care about spam and piracy etc that it will never truly go away.

Let it be known though that all you guys do to keep them out is appreciated.

:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Xanadu said:
Vikings: (Singing elaborately...) Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam! Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam. Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Spam spam spam spam!
The one time in history that Spam rocked.

I remember one night back in the day when there was about 20 of us in the local mall parking lot just hanging out, and we did this entire sketch.

And no, we weren't drunk, stoned, or in any other altered state...unless you count just being simply nuts...

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
As the forum becomes more popular the spammers move in..... I say circle the wagons they picked on the wrong bunch this time.....:2guns:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts