The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see what old pictures are lying around .this is my great grand father dennis devouxe .he was the guy on the left.

This is my biological great grand father. I wanna say ernest but im having a brain fart .

And this is the grand father allie (albert) he is the bottom left on his hockey team . I never even knew he played hockey. He would of been 84 this year

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
This is me with great grandparents.

This is great grandma(above) as a kid.

And these are her great grandparents.

I've got 30-40 more pics about as old,but they are not hosted anywhere.
I want to get them touched up and restored,but that will a big project,and have to learn the touch up techniques.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
I want to get them touched up and restored,but that will a big project,and have to learn the touch up techniques.
I’d scan them onto the computer first: (1) they won’t deteriorate any more (2) it’s easy to touch up pics with software (3) once they are touched up you can have them printed in B&W on a good photo printer or just keep them in electronic format.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I’d scan them onto the computer first: (1) they won’t deteriorate any more (2) it’s easy to touch up pics with software (3) once they are touched up you can have them printed in B&W on a good photo printer or just keep them in electronic format.
They have already been digitized,couldn't scan them,they are mounted in a couple of albums that would have been destroyed if I attempted to remove the pics.
I had to just take pictures of then with my DSLR,not ideal but the best I could do .
I don't own the pics ,they are with another branch of the family,they let me borrow them.

·
Administrator
15,979 Posts
Me and my Dad.

David and Dad.jpg

Me and my Mom.

David and Mum.jpg

My Granddad (this spelling is acceptable)

RH Hooton.jpg

Something of a family shot. Mine is mostly on the right in the pic. I'm being held by my Mom with my Aunt on the left and cousin on the right. My uncle behind me and cousin, Grandma, and my Dad to the left of him. My Granddad is way over to the left of the pic in the cap :)

Family Photo Rhyl.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,018 Posts
My mum in England during WWII. She's on left. She didn't even like riding on the back of a motorcycle and this is as close as she got.

WW2-2.jpg

Reactions: davetcan

·
Premium Member
13,018 Posts
My brother and his first guitar - a used Silvertone.

Keith Guitar 01 img185-1.jpg

Reactions: Bullet

·
Premium Member
10,925 Posts
My father and my grandmother, wartime. Picture was likely taken by my grandfather in London Ontario before Dad went overseas.
IMG_0927.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,018 Posts
@keto Actually, I think she is holding a small handgun.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts