The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at an old Mann Dove acoustic. I am wondering if it is better than the new Epiphone Dove acoustics?

Are the Mann Dove's equal to the old Ibanez Dove's?

Are there any cheap old jems out there?

·
Premium Member
14,092 Posts
Are the Mann Dove's equal to the old Ibanez Dove's?
Mann was the Ibanez made models for the Canadian market.
Are there any cheap old jems out there?
Not if it's a MIJ (gibby mustache headstock). Unless if the seller doesn't know what he has.

·
Premium Member
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mann was the Ibanez made models for the Canadian market.

Not if it's a MIJ (gibby mustache headstock). Unless if the seller doesn't know what he has.
I looked at one of the mustashe headstock Ibanez ones but it had the issue where the strings are too high at the 12th fret and no room on the bridge.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
The Mann could have had several origin Co behind it, Ibanez is one of them.

Should be better quality, you would have to judge the instrument in question by yourself.

I have an 1972 Aria and love it, Matsumoku made. The instrument was always taken cared of. Always stored in it hard case.

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument String instrument accessory

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Too bad Epiphone didn’t make an Elite/Elitist Dove. Would’t be a sub $1k guitar; more like $1.5k but it’s quality would be $3k equivalent.

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
I sold a Korean Mann Dove a few months ago for $50.00. That was all it was worth. It was playable is about the best thing I thing can say about it. It was all laminate with extremely cheap tuners, two of which broke the first time I tried to tune it. It looked way better than it played or sounded.
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument accessory Guitar accessory

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
The new “Inspired by Gibson” lineup gets pretty good reviews and sounds good in videos, although I haven’t played one just yet. If they brought out an IBG Dove, it would be worth checking out, but it hasn’t happened yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts