The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the oldest catalogs and guitar magazines that you have?

Mine,

1984 Mesa Boogie Catalog

1980 Guitar World Magazine

Story on the magazine; for my birthday one year, my bass playing buddy searched used book stores for old magazines featuring one of my favourite artists. Along with this edition of Guitar World was another Guitar World (‘85) and a Down Beat mag from the ‘89, all with feature articles on Pat Metheny.

P.S. love the headline on Zappa on the cover above!

·
Premium Member
26,660 Posts
I have some '70s issues of Guitar Player, and some things like Roland and Korg catalogs from '79 or 80. While not guitar mags, per se, I also have some old issues of Downbeat and Jazz & Pop (maybe a Crawdaddy or two), from the late '60s, whose gear ads always bring a smile. There's several shelves of Guitar Player, Vintage Guitar, and Premier Guitar as well, though from more recent years, of course.

Incidentally, hats off to Guitar Player for being the only mag to acknowledge that it's been 25 years since Frank Zappa's passing, this December. I sent a note to new GP editor Chris Scapelitti a few months ago, saying that I hoped they were preparing something to acknowledge that anniversary. I can't believe I have that much influence, so I can only imagine that I was one of at least several who conveyed that request.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
I have a Fender Frontline from 2006-the 60th Diamond Anniversary issue.

It is available for free for anyone who wants to pick it up.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I've got 3-4 milk crates of GuitarPlayer mags and others/catalogs in the garage.
The oldest ones are probably '76 or '77 and run up through the 90's
I wasn't a subscriber,just bought what interested me at the time.
I should finally get rid of them .

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I've got tons and tons from the early to mid 90's. Can't believe you guys have some from the 70's! Super cool.

·
Registered
10,907 Posts
Yeah, I've got a couple milk crates of Guitar Player too - mid-80's onward. I'll rotate a few for reading on the throne. It's kinda fun to go back and ready what and who was hot then and then wondering what happened to them.

The oldest brochure I have is probably the original sales brochure for my 72' MGB.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts