The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
awesome! i have the same head.
Traynor YSR1 custom reverb. but mine has the 2x12 cab. i believe it is marsland loaded. i do not like the speakers a great deal.
sound much better with the 2x12 vintage 30's in my dg100 yamaha.
i paid 100 bucks for mine.
i think the logo is original, mine has the same one but it is mounted in the center of the cloth.
let me know what mods you get done. i am curious to what i can do to mine to zone into the Marshall sound better. as is, it is real nice but not jaw dropping.

· Registered
120 Posts
davetcan said:
Yep! That looks exactly the same. Any idea what year yours is?

So far all I asked Rob to do was to change the volume pots from 4 meg to 1 meg which he said would take away some of the harshness. I got the amp back on the weekend and I needed to swap out a couple of the 12AX7's as they were microphonic. Once that was done everything was good. This thing sounds really nice stock (or close to it). Almost fenderish but different in a subtle way. The reverb is very strong and sounds suprisingly good, not quite as "warm" as the Bandmasters but still very good. I'm not getting a lot of volume out of it, I was actually able to dime it without killing myself (wife was out) and it sounded really great. It takes pedals very well. I use a TIM and MI Audio Crunchbox for my OD/Distortion sounds and both sound great with the Traynor. Because of that I'll probably not bother modding it any further. I like it the way it is.
i am really unsure of the date, my serial number is in a different spot and appears to be stamped on a blank part of the label.
S70034
who ever owned it in the past had removed the reverb tank and added a three prong chord.
mine is loud.
what channel did you use?
the channel bridge trick works with mine, i run a short cable from the top channel 1 to the bottom channel 2 and then tweak the separate volumes for extra gain and tone options. but i will say channel 2 is very bright and has more volume it seems.
i have been running a digitech BadMonkey as a boost and it works fine.
i most often use the 1 channel now that i have the BadMonkey.
i wouldn't doulbt a new set of tubes would really liven mine up. the power tubes are not a matched set. a friend has recently discovered a guy in my area with old tubes, i am hoping they are something special.
it would be sweet to find some NOS tubes from the past.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.