The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I had started this back in August. But got caught up in a couple other builds. I got mad at this for being ugly and made it uglier. That'll teach it.
IMG_3263.JPG IMG_3274.JPG IMG_3279.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha. There is nothing to break gently. I'm probably going to light it on fire soon.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I think clear looked best. Any chance you can go back to the start? or is it worth the effort (I don't know how much time you have invested)

·
Premium Member
17,629 Posts
Could you consider donating it to a local program for children that want to learn to play? If you don't want it (obviously).

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think clear looked best. Any chance you can go back to the start? or is it worth the effort (I don't know how much time you have invested)
It likely wouldn't be worth it. I was more just using it to play with different ways to finish because I didn't like it from the get go.

Could you consider donating it to a local program for children that want to learn to play? If you don't want it (obviously).
I'm pretty sure giving it away could be considered a hate crime against humanity. If anything I may strip it and re cut the ugly body into something either less or more ugly.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
You should keep it blue and just call it the artists personal axe. You know, like a demonstration piece showing how tortured the artist's soul is.

L

·
0 Posts
You used a paint brush!?
When I was a kid, I watched a guy across the street paint his car with a roller.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I am sure many kids would could be proud owner of anyway.

Maybe just decorate it, adding some white stars... or "fleurs de lys" (see some frenchie ancestry flags).

I once painted a bicycle and later on the lower part of my car (the car was two colors), both with a paintbrush :
I used Varathane liquid plastic while the quart was bathing in warm water : the result was just perfect !
Not a paintbrush trace ! The drawback on a guitar could be that liquid plastic was quite easier than paint or lacker to scratch.

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
there was a surprisingly nice piece of wood hiding under that blue paint! Looks great just natural, get out the clear coat.

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn't really expect to keep the blue I just wanted to test it out because I was mad. I'm home from a trip to Arizona so after Xmas I'll get back to work and wire it up

1 - 20 of 21 Posts