The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Monster Replier
'97 Strat Plus, 70's Northern Strat Copy
4,080 Posts
Put a gun to my head and I am keeping the Northern. Hands down, without question. The rest of them are just guitars to me, that is my baby. To be fair, I have enough babies I would probably just give you one of those if I could keep two guitars.

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument String instrument accessory

Still haven't gotten around to shortening up that input cable or putting the rest of the screws back in.... but that doesn't mean I love her any less.

·
Premium Member
4,269 Posts
That would be tough. Honesty I have 5-6 guitars that I could let someone else pick from, and I'd probably be happy. I think the 2022 R9 would be the keeper right now.

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Wood Musical instrument accessory

But I'll cheat and put another one, because I keep coming back to this one. 2001 Gibson Custom Shop Class 5 Les Paul

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument accessory Guitar accessory Wood

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
It would really suck if I could only keep one. But if so, it would have to be the '53.

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
If you'd asked me 2 years ago the answer most definitely would have been my custom shop tele. Since really getting to know what a 50's style LP is all about, no question that is it. A les paul is so much easier to play than a fender and as I get older that is a real benefit. I can get the bridge pickup to somewhat mimic a tele. One of the most shocking discoveries for me is how well my les paul does country but also rocks fantastically on classic rock styles.
To me the neck pickup on a les paul is far more useable and versatile than on a tele. I almost never use the neck pickup on a tele in a live setting while on a les paul its used a lot.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts