The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite having to wait 4 more nights for the Stanley Cup finals to begin, is everyone cheering for the Senators? I'd love to have the cup back in Canada after 14 years.

PS: I think there are more Canadian players on the Anaheim Ducks than on the Sens.

trivia - Alfredsson is the first European born player to Captain a team in the Cup finals.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
jroberts said:
I was pretty indifferent up until now. I'd really like to see Anaheim lose.
Mainly because of Pronger?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
jroberts said:
85% because of Pronger.

15% because their team is named after a Disney movie.
not anymore.
they're just the anaheim ducks now, they dropped the mighty part

I'm stilll cheering for the Sens.:food-smiley-004:
Moday at 8:00.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
TRAITOR

You are NOT a Leaf's fan :eek: . The day I cheer I cheer for Ratfredson and the Senators is the day pigs fly.

Go Leaf's Go

TG

Jeff Flowerday said:
I admit it, I'm a Leafs fan and I'm chearing for Ottawa.

Ducks for cover.....

·
Registered
136 Posts
jroberts said:
Now *THAT* is the futility that is the hallmark of a true Leafs fan! Still cheering for the team even when they are not playing! :D

Though, I must admit, the chances of the Leafs winning an Ottawa/Anaheim cup final is about the same as the chances of the Leafs winning a cup final in any other year. :tongue:
I must admit I'm a Leafs fan as well, although I have no idea why.:confused-smiley-010

However, I am rooting on the Senators, even though they should have been in Hamilton. Mind you, they would have been moved by now I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Anaheim all the way.
Not that I don't appreciate how well Ottawa has been playing. But I HATE Alfredsson. He is a suck. He is an actor and he is a dirty player when he thinks he can get away with it. Sorry no love for Ottawa here while he is on that team. Reminds me of Bobby Clarke.

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
2 expansion teams in the final. I'm pretty sure thats a sign of the end of days. I'm going with Anaheim, but I'm holding my nose in doing so...............

·
Registered
183 Posts
Accept2 said:
2 expansion teams in the final. I'm pretty sure thats a sign of the end of days. I'm going with Anaheim, but I'm holding my nose in doing so...............
depending on how old a person is .....
odds against having anything but when only Detroit and New York made the playoffs.

have had all expansion team final for about 15 out last 20 cups isn't it?

·
Registered
183 Posts
are they back to training camp already?

I thought the season ended on Easter Sunday ( well at least for us Leaf fans

·
Premium Member
16,572 Posts
Senators.

Come on guys.

We're talking about bringing the cup back to Canada.

I'm a Leafs fan, but I'll support whichever Canadian team is still in contention.

:rockon:

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Crossroads said:
depending on how old a person is .....
odds against having anything but when only Detroit and New York made the playoffs.

have had all expansion team final for about 15 out last 20 cups isn't it?
The prior expansions were responsible expansions, the one that let these new teams was all about money. Once the value of teams went from $10M to $100M, they greedily salivated at the cash. Count the number of players over the age of 38 in the league back in 1987, and in the league today. How many of them were even impact players back then, like they are today? Now they are trying to fix everything by saying, maybe we should make the net larger so these guys can actually score, and sell more tickets. There is no more sport, its all business now. As for getting the cup, before this collective bargaining agreement, the arguement was who could buy the cup each year..........

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I'm a Leaf fan but I'm rooting for Ottawa for two reasons even though I don't really like them.

1) They are Canadian

2) I'm a friend of the Spezza family and I hope to be invited to his parents house for a Stanley cup party! Now that would be cool! :banana:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Alfredson is playing really well this year. Unlike last year.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Go Sens Go!

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Just a note for all you flag wavers out there that are supporting Ottawa because they are a "Canadian" team. Anaheim has more Canadians on its roster than any, I said any (including the Leafs) other team in the NHL with 19 of it's players hailing from The Great White North.
:smilie_flagge17: Go Ducks Go !!!!!!:smilie_flagge17:
Love that Pronger kid.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
faracaster said:
Just a note for all you flag wavers out there that are supporting Ottawa because they are a "Canadian" team. Anaheim has more Canadians on its roster than any, I said any (including the Leafs) other team in the NHL with 19 of it's players hailing from The Great White North.
:smilie_flagge17: Go Ducks Go !!!!!!:smilie_flagge17:
Love that Pronger kid.

You are a Leaf fan aren't you! :tongue:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts