Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Traynor Custom Valve 40WRVC

Votes: 19 65.5%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
5,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK..as the title said, i'm kinda torned between one of those 2 amps right now, a Traynor Custom Valve 40WRVC OR, a Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue 65.

Both sound good, i'm just stumped on which one to get. The Taynor i can get for 750$ with the extenstion cab and the Fender for 700$.

Any toughs?....

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
I have a YCV40 and am very happy with it. The WR upgrades the speaker to the Vintage 30 so should sound even better.

$750 sounds like a great price for the WR and the extension cab.

Good luck on your purchase.

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you like both amps, why not go with the Traynor? Something a little different than what everyone else has and it comes with an external speaker.... is it just one external speaker or like a 2 x 12 cab?

·
Banned
5,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you like both amps, why not go with the Traynor? Something a little different than what everyone else has and it comes with an external speaker.... is it just one external speaker or like a 2 x 12 cab?
Hey Guiary, this is the traynor kit i'm referring to.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Are those prices new?

Well I still stand behind Traynor products. After the other guitarist in my band picked up a Traynor 4 x 12 cab with V30's for his 6505+ I was actually very impressed with the build. Also front loaded speakers was an interesting move sounds great too!

·
Banned
5,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are those prices new?

Well I still stand behind Traynor products. After the other guitarist in my band picked up a Traynor 4 x 12 cab with V30's for his 6505+ I was actually very impressed with the build. Also front loaded speakers was an interesting move sounds great too!
no this is a barely used kit. new the amp is 799$ and the extenstion cab around 350$

·
Registered
150 Posts
Now just checking for prices of the Fender Deluxe Reverb on MF (not really accurate but will work for this situation) it's going for about 8xx USD and the traynor is I think 1040 USD (estimates remember). Going by that the Traynor seems to be an awesome deal!

Is the external cab a closed back cab or open? I know when I first had my 5150 Combo the closed back cab felt "balls to the walls" then when I added the 5150 Cab to it it was like a wall of sound. What I'm getting at is adding an external cab to any combo (in my opinion) makes the amp come to life. If it were me making this purchase I'd more than likely go with the Traynor.

Great looking product, and sounds pretty damn good as well (as I remember from one of my friends having a traynor ___ something).

what style of music do you play?? I guess I should've ask that first.

·
Banned
5,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now just checking for prices of the Fender Deluxe Reverb on MF (not really accurate but will work for this situation) it's going for about 8xx USD and the traynor is I think 1040 USD (estimates remember). Going by that the Traynor seems to be an awesome deal!

Is the external cab a closed back cab or open? I know when I first had my 5150 Combo the closed back cab felt "balls to the walls" then when I added the 5150 Cab to it it was like a wall of sound. What I'm getting at is adding an external cab to any combo (in my opinion) makes the amp come to life. If it were me making this purchase I'd more than likely go with the Traynor.

Great looking product, and sounds pretty damn good as well (as I remember from one of my friends having a traynor ___ something).

what style of music do you play?? I guess I should've ask that first.
I play from Metal to blues and everything in between..:)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well if the external cab is a closed back, that'll help matters huge with playing metal. Yep double checked it is a closed back cab. So basically you've got the best of both worlds going on there. The closed back for some nice nice thuds and the airy feel of the open back combo.

I say go for it.. traynor that is. It receives the Guiary seal of approval!:rockon:

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts
Hey, we're Canadian - we're biased. :wink:

·
Banned
5,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, we're Canadian - we're biased. :wink:
LOL...good point..:)..that's why my first expensive guitar in the early 80's was a Kramer made in Quebec..:)so instead of paying 1500$ at Steve musicstore, it costed me 500$ built to my specs direct at the shop..:)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thats a great price on the YCV40WR - I was hoping to one day try the extension cab but never got around to it.

For myself I would be checking the Fender out but only because I want to see what it can do. I think I might like a Deluxe reverb.

Maybe I'll build one one day!

You'll need a pedal for both of those to get into Metal!

Mark.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
The cab is surely a closed back. And like most everyone has said. That is a good price. Remember the Traynors also have a 2 year warranty that covers everything and is transferrable.

Go :smilie_flagge17:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'd stay away from the cheesey mexican made fender reissues...although I heard someone playing through one at mountain music and it sounded milky smooth. Apparently they have reliability issues though.

I dont know where you live but theres a craigslist post in toronto for the traynor with extension:

http://toronto.craigslist.org/msg/455287610.html

...Looking at $600 for BOTH combo and ext cab.

·
Banned
5,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd stay away from the cheesey mexican made fender reissues...although I heard someone playing through one at mountain music and it sounded milky smooth. Apparently they have reliability issues though.

I dont know where you live but theres a craigslist post in toronto for the traynor with extension:

http://toronto.craigslist.org/msg/455287610.html

...Looking at $600 for BOTH combo and ext cab.
actually, the Fender DElux reverb Deluxe is still made in the US. Hot rod ones are made in mexico.

·
Registered
96 Posts
actually, the Fender DElux reverb Deluxe is still made in the US. Hot rod ones are made in mexico.
The newer hot rods, devilles, and twins are all mexican made...I assumed the deluxes were as well.

·
Banned
5,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I vote neither.

Look for a nice vintage silver face deluxe reverb. It will most likely be cheaper than the reissue and sound better. Best part is it will always be worth what you paid for it.

I found a 1972 Deluxe Twin reverbe for 850$..it's tempting

1 - 20 of 44 Posts