The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
It's nice to see a truly Canadian group.
I'm just an ole' fart here in Northern N.S. who plays at the bass guitar, works on tube amps for my own use, collects gear cause I'm too lazy to sell stuff. I just play blues now as I went through the cover band thingy and retired from that (turn down, we can't talk. Play my song. Were doing a benefit for someone I don't know. U guys are in it for the money, oh yea, that's it.)
I haven't had too many basses in my 51 years on this earth.
1. Framus Bass
2. Gibson EB-3 (I wish I still had it)
3. Schecter PJ 1982 birdseye maple one piece neck w/skunk stripe, push/pull pots. This is my main axe.
4. Harmony Stratotone Mars H-46 for testing guitar amps
5. Just bought off of E-Bay, haven't even received it yet,Peavey Palaedium Factory Fretless. I can hardly wait, bought for my own use as I don't think I'll turn into a Alain Caron clone but this would be a good thing though. My guitar player from my blues band hopes I don't get all jazzy on him.
Anyway, from Northern N.S., good day, eh:wave:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Cool! Another bass-player, welcome! From Amherst? I was born in Amherst but now I live in this back-water smelly rat-hole - Saint John, but it's home, NB's 'Tobacco Road'. Now that is stuck in my head, (good thing)

SeeYa!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
eww... old people smell funny.:eek:

jk jk

welcome to the forums.:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Michelle said:
Cool! Another bass-player, welcome! From Amherst? I was born in Amherst but now I live in this back-water smelly rat-hole - Saint John, but it's home, NB's 'Tobacco Road'. Now that is stuck in my head, (good thing)

SeeYa!
Hi Michelle, living in the big city. I like St.John as we have been treated very good there. We have played at The Festival By The Sea in the early 2000/01/02, opened for Jimmy Ranken at the blues festival I think in 2004 maybe? I have a drummer friend I met a few years back and I think he was working at the Coastguard at that time and seen him playing in a duo playing the harp with a guy playing many slide guitars, I can't think of his name though.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
:wave: :food-smiley-004:

Gald to see more low end joining up!! Here's another :food-smiley-004: for fretless. I toyed with it myself over the years, and just this past year switched over to only fretless. I love it! I cover anything and everything on fretless. Brings a unique perspective to a lot of tunes. But yeah, I have the hankering to turn into a jazzy player - I just don't have the chops for that sort of thing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
james on bass said:
:wave: :food-smiley-004:

Gald to see more low end joining up!! Here's another :food-smiley-004: for fretless. I toyed with it myself over the years, and just this past year switched over to only fretless. I love it! I cover anything and everything on fretless. Brings a unique perspective to a lot of tunes. But yeah, I have the hankering to turn into a jazzy player - I just don't have the chops for that sort of thing.
I haven't received the Peavey Palaedium bass yet as the guy wanted a personal cheque so as I thought, his bank wouldn't cash it stateside. He wouldn't take PayPal so now I have to wait to get the cheque back and send a certified cheque in US funds, another two weeks probably.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts