The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

OHM brand 4x12 cab built in Toronto,Ontario

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Wild Bill 
#1 ·
I just recently acquired a older tall 4x12 OHM model E6 cab made in Canada. It seems to be about a foot taller than most 4x12's and is not as wide either and similar too some bass cabs Ive seen. It has 2x12" Olson S-964's with crazy huge and heavy magnets and housings and two Eminence Beta 12's. I thought for sure this would sound inferior too my Celestion loaded 4x12 cabs but I actually thought it sounded as good in paticular the Olsons. They were very dynamic and had a ton of Bass but not muddy plus I beleive they gotta be 100 watts plus with a magnet the size of Two vintage 30's magnets.
Anyone know or have one of these or even hear of OHM instruments cabs? Im not sure if they were around in the 60's or 70's or even 80's.
Thanks.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Thanks folks but I havent any pic's yet. However Ive gathered a bit of info. Apparently this OHM brand MFG company was a supplier to Gibson and this cab is a Canadian Gibson affiliated brand. Its a 90lb sealed back enclosure model E6 and rearmounted 4x12's. The Olson speakers are apparently higher end late 60's Olson Radio catalog brand high performance amp speakers and were a popular mail order type. The Eminence Beta's are from some stock Ampeg or Crate cab Im sure and are of avg. quality. Now I have to deduce if this is a bass cab or a guitar cab as it does seem to be shaped like some Ampeg tall 4 speaker enclosures Ive seen. It has two horribly flimsy carry straps that seem original as well. The width is about as big as a Mesa Short head id estimate. Pretty solid all in all and in about an 8.5 out of 10 condition too boot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.