The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
"Further, as of March, Delta will not allow exotic emotional support animals including ferrets, insects, spiders, goats or animals with tusks or hooves to fly."

Savages.:(

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
Hahaha! What a joke

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I don't understand this. What emotional support is required from this animal? I can't imagine a situation like this would help anyone's emotional state.

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Life sometimes imitates a Monty Python sketch, with colour commentary from Dr. Demento, brought to you by the good folks at The Bates Motel.

·
Premium Member
8,557 Posts
My son is petrified of birds. Peacocks are at the top of the scare chain. Bad incident at the Toronto Zoo when he was young.

He wouldn't have got on that plane.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
25,139 Posts
How on earth could a peacock be an "emotional support animal". #1, contrary to what Richard said, they are about as smart as chickens. When we lived in Victoria, they had many peacocks in Beacon Hill park, wandering around untethered, and those things are not particularly swift., in any sense of the word. Your average pigeon is smarter. Not prone to attachment, either; especially the males. One never saw them near any other peacocks or peahens.

Is there such a thing as an animal placebo effect? I suppose so, now. Most emotional support animals will be something that has some rudimentary empathy for the owner. A peacock may as well be a pillow with a face painted on it. Besides, those thngs are huge, and can't be restrained without endangering them. Not the sort of animal that one can pet, murmur "ssshhhh, sssshhhh" to and have it calm down. May as well try to bring a llama on as "comfort animal".

Should we assume this story is simply a ruse, that will be revealed as such in a few days?

·
Premium Member
25,139 Posts
Oh yeah. That will work out just peachy keen on a flight. Right alongside colicky babies, boisterous drunks, and someone with Tourette's and a megaphone.

We always thought that the only word peacocks could say was "Noooowwwwwwww!".

I will say that turkeys ARE capable of bringing comfort. Most folks I know feel an urge to nap after eating some.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts