1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
nine said:
You want ridiculous? How about the price on this bolt-on, lefty Epi SG?

Should be in the dictionary as an example of ridiculous

Oh yeah, and that's my question at the bottom. Maybe he's right and left handed guitars are rarer than unicorns? Hahaha.

That is just insane. $650 B.I.N price? That is even more ridiculous then some of the prices people ask on Craigslist.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Am I wrong , or there's no serial or anything on parts like pots , switches , pickguard that proves it's authenticity ? 200+ for a switch is ridiculous , but I at least hope it's authentic ...

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Coustfan'01 said:
Am I wrong , or there's no serial or anything on parts like pots , switches , pickguard that proves it's authenticity ? 200+ for a switch is ridiculous , but I at least hope it's authentic ...
Not to mention the reason it was dumped on the first place is because it wasnt getting good contact cause it was all oxidized. So, being that the metal parts of the switch are riveted onto a thin wafer board, it would be tantamount to microsurgery to take the thing apart and dose it with Hydrochloric acid to remove the oxidation, and then to work with the worn out springs and hope the metal fatigue isnt over the edge to somehow work it back into tolerance, and then hope you dont split the wafer board riveting back together, and , ummm, by the way, where are you going to find origianl new springs and rivets fro '63?. Man, put a new switch in the guitar and stick the original, if it indeed IS original, into the Case compartment .Take the three hundred bills and donate it to world hunger. Sheesh, how neurotic can you get before youve become completely anal?

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Coustfan'01 said:
Pots have dates written on them. They are writtem like 304434. 304 is the manufacturer, 4 is the fourth digit of the year and 34 is the week. Problem is a '4' could mean 1964 or 1974....

·
Registered
154 Posts
sell the guitar or ?

at this rate if your guitar is worth 6000.oo bucks , just think---
pups 400. ea. 800.00
pickguard 300.00 300.00
bridge-- 300.00 350.00
tailpiece - 300.00 300.00
pots-- 200.00 to 300.00 ea. 600.00
nut--500.00 500.00
neck-- 3000.00 3000.00
saddle-- 200.00 200.00
tuning keys 200.00 ea. 1200.00

WHERE IS THE JUSTICE--??????

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sad state of affairs

The real tragedy is that it is profiteers selling all this stuff not real players or musicians.
Christ I saw a speaker cord for a 67 Bandmaster (you know with the brown wire and and flat/round 45 degree jacks going for well over 60 bucks American on Ebay.
There is nothing wrong with making a buck but this is legalized robbery.

·
All the way to ten
936 Posts
Legalized robbery? You don't have to buy it. And from the looks of some of those auctions no one did.

For a real good laugh click here.

You've got to look pretty close at everything he wrote to find the line that says "Auction is for photos only, guitar not for sale".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts