The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wee, Fanshawe college this fall!

does anyone have any advice as to how to best protect my stuff while im there? i may be living with one of my best friends and some people i dont really know, and there's a lock on every bedroom door i think (or else i'll put one on).

im bringing my LP (not the strat lol), and my 212. the aforementioned friend is a drummer, so there will be some jamming happening lol. and his brother plays guitar as well :).

any advice for a musician headed to school?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well, I'm splitting three ways on one floor of a house, the other two guys know how to respect an instrument.

Since you're splitting on a house (if I remember correctly) then the likelihood of your gear getting stolen/damaged by some random schmuck is bit less than if you were in a different set up. You might want to put your gear in your room if there's gonna be any alcohol in the comon spaces.

Either that or, since three of you are musicians with expensive gear, you mgiht end up having a section of living room with caution tape around it lol.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
electric barbed wire surrounding your instrument area....and then a moat and archers sitting on top of your bunk bed...and...and....and a SHOTGUN1!!! AND MAYBE....mmmmmaybe even like a super duper home security system....with lazeers and flashy bright lights, and all that fancy jazz....and and...

I

·
0 Posts
Things mysteriously grow legs in college. Lock your door always. You'll go out drinking one night, come home and find the place cleaned out by your roommates "friend" he just let crash there while you were out getting sloshed. CDs always walk when you have a party. Lock 'em up. I lost a whole milk crate full of CDs on my last day in residence first year. I'm still bitter about that. [email protected]#ing coward snuck into my room while I was loading stuff to leave.

·
Premium Member
16,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys. I Plan to keep all my stuff locked safely in my room when i am not around. or there will be hell to pay!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts