The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24,372 Posts
You mean as a place to put them when not in use on the neck?

If so, I gather it would depend on the thickness of the body. The jaws on such capos don't have to be much wider than the neck thickness, but of course necks can vary considerably in thickness. And I would imagine that some capos are designed to be placed high up a thick neck that is the same thickness as some bodies. But I imagine that:
a) a lot of guitar bodies would be too thick, and
b) even if thin enough, contoured bodies would not likely provide a stable grip for a capo.

I suspect the best location for a not-in-use capo would simply be the headstock.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
I put mine in my back pocket and occasionally lose them if I miss the pocket and they fall on the floor either that or they go into the dryer and disappear into an alternative universe along with my socks.

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
@Hammerhands what's your objective? Do you think it will be easier for you to grab the capo from the body of your guitar than from the headstock? You don't like the appearance of of a capo on your headstock? Your guitar's body is de-laminating and you want to clamp it together?

I like the capo at the following link a lot. Very pricy, but it's dead-easy and quick to take off / put on any guitar and it looks less-primitive than some out there.

Performance 2

(I couldn't remember what mine was called so I googled "advanced guitar capo" and got a bunch of hits for this Advanced Guitar Capo. Jim Dunlop 11C Advanced Toggle Action Guitar Capo-Curved: Amazon.ca: Musical Instruments, Stage & Studio I guess compared to a piece of binder twine it is "advanced". :D)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
@Hammerhands what's your objective?
I need to mount something on a guitar, maybe temporarily, maybe longer, and I’m looking for something to use as a base.

Other off the shelf options are microphone mounts, like “H-Clamp” or a DPA 4099vc, or a Planet Waves PW-CT-14 violin tuner

I’ve tried a suction cup camera mount before, but those never stay in place long enough, and there’s no pickguard.

I have some UHU tac putty that seems to work, but I don’t know what long term use would do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts