The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've got a Jackson Dinky which I installed an OFR on to replace the stock bridge.

It's held up well, but for some reason, after the last string change, the bridge will no longer stay parallel. The strings are stretched fully, everything was set up as it always has been, but this time, for some wierd reason, it's not staying in tune. However, the strings are staying in relative tune, in that if I correct the bridge angle, it will be in tune.

Now, I've never been fully happy with the guitar, and I think I might sell it (putting the original bridge back on before I do). However, I would like to know if anyone could ID the problem for future reference.

·
Registered
788 Posts
adjust the trem spring claw so that the angle of the bridge was where you had it....don't sell it I'm sure this is the problem.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried that. The thing is, is that it's never done this before in the year I've had it. Now, it's almost unusable without having the bridge set to lower pitch only (which is a pain when trying to do a Satriani-style harmonic scream).

It's almost as if the strings are slipping at the nut.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts