The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ordered one of these plug and play upgrades?

Thanks

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I cannot seem to find any complaints online yet about anything. There are a couple of You tube videos, but they seem sponsor oriented

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Gibson certainly met with a lot of resistance from 'traditionalists' when they tried this in the past.

I wish there was a view of the flip side of the unit. I am naturally curious and interested in guitar wiring in general.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also adding the extra tone option will definitely upset the purists, but I just see it as an added option.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, that was my idea. I can do it but not neatly or quickly. Plus it allows 5 minute pick up changes. I went ahead and ordered it and I will let you guys know how it turned out, and if it is as easy as they say.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Has anyone ordered one of these plug and play upgrades?

Thanks
John-been using the Strat Blender model for 6 months now. Quality components, real easy to swap out pickups without soldering. I'm a musician, not an electronics tech. I'd rather be playing music than soldering. Soldering does have the advantage that it's easier to customize.

You can also get the Obsidian in standard strat 5 positions.

Count me as a very satisfied customer.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Yes, that was my idea. I can do it but not neatly or quickly. Plus it allows 5 minute pick up changes. I went ahead and ordered it and I will let you guys know how it turned out, and if it is as easy as they say.
Takes me 5 minutes to loosen off the strings, unscrew the strat pickguard (11 screws) and change pickups. Then tune up. easy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts