The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
The wife is planning a short visit to Manhattan and I'd like to browse a guitar shop or two.
Not sure where we will be staying, but she wants to visit ground zero. Any recommendations appreciated - thanks.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I'd second any input. My wife and I will be in NYC late September for a couple of days. I've read about Rivington (backpage of latest Guitar World) and Rudy's in lower Manhattan might be a must see (but not buy) experience.

Reactions: J-75

·
Registered
695 Posts
Sam Ash on 34th and Guitar Center off of Times Square are two big ones. There are some other boutique ones that are probably worth visiting that I didn't get to.

·
Registered
24,123 Posts
I visited Matt Umanov's on Bleecker St. in Greenwich Village. Nice shop, though obviously far from the only one. Went into one of the Rudy's just off Times Square as well, but I gather it isn't there anymore.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
You can check Rudy's music shop, couple years ago my mother in law lived in NYC and we went to NYC every month, so many store to list, I bought mostly used stuff at GC, decent price for all kinds of pedals

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Streetsounds NYC is a very well known Gretsch shop. Other brands too, but even Fred Gretsch makes a point of visiting.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Guitar Centre, 25 W., 14th St.
Rivington Guitars, 73 E., 4th St.
Rudy's, 461 Broome St.
The Guitar Salon (Appointment only) 1-212-675-3236

Reactions: J-75
1 - 10 of 10 Posts