The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New wide angle zoom lens day. My economy basic photo gear complement is complete. Nikon D5300 DX APS-C sized sensor. Already have 18-70 and 55-200 zooms and 35mm f1.8 lenses. Added a 10-20mm DX wide angle lens. I like that lenses come with lens hoods, not extra like in 70s/80s. Now covers the 35mm full frame range from 15mm to 300mm. Still have my old D70s camera as a back up (works only with 18-70 & 55-200). And there my Infrared converted Nikon D80 calibrated to work with 18-70mm zoom.

I had to keep in budget ($$in $$out) so the cash came from the sale of my S&P Woodland Pro and the Loonie/Toonie Jar. It's made in Thailand and has the cost cutting like a MIC or MII (Indonesia) guitar. I could have paid 3x as much or more for a MIJ piece of glass, but I would have had to have mugged a few people or saved for another year and a half.

·
Premium Member
25,112 Posts
I'm just glad this thread wasn't started by recent member SWALBR. Seeing that header and that handle at the same time, I would have thought there was either something amiss with the site, or that someone was having a seizure somewhere! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts