The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this week I snagged an early 70s G12H30 55 Hz and last night @FreewayJam came over with his soldering iron. We dropped it into a Stephenson FV oversized 112. Wow.

I also have a 2061 (slant 212) built by Derrick Bell that's loaded with 75 Hz speakers from the same era, but now I think I know why Jimi preferred the 55 Hz.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Have to confirm what Rory is saying above, it sounded killer once we got it into
said cabinet, even with just a short blast through it in the new cab, it was stellar !
( was late by time it was installed, so had to show some restraint playing wise as
his family was attempting to sleep above ! tho i must say, he is quite lucky as his lovely bride
is more than forgiving and very very tolerant when the boys are playing / up too no good
in the ole man cave HNG^%$ ! ) :)

Reactions: Roryfan

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have to confirm what Rory is saying above, it sounded killer once we got it into
said cabinet, even with just a short blast through it in the new cab, it was stellar !
( was late by time it was installed, so had to show some restraint playing wise as
his family was attempting to sleep above ! tho i must say, he is quite lucky as his lovely bride
is more than forgiving and very very tolerant when the boys are playing / up too no good
in the ole man cave HNG^%$ ! ) :)
Late one night I wound up the JMP & forgot to plug the vent with a towel, so she texted me to say that she was going to call the cops. Otherwise she's super cool about my guitar habit (believe it or not the bar was her idea). Definite jackpot winner here.

Thanks again for the solder time, I'll get that 10" fretboard radius guage back to you ASAP.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@adcandour just picked up the same cabinet & loaded it with a 75 Hz G12H30. We'll have to have a battle of the Hertzes once he gets his Morris. My money is on purple. Science says that it sounds better. Almost as good as red.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks again for the solder time, I'll get that 10" fretboard radius guage back to you ASAP.
Ya know EVERY TIME you say '10" Radius Gauge' it costs you another pint, right !?
And i am keepin' count !! :D

Reactions: Roryfan
1 - 6 of 6 Posts