The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning! Over the weekend I had the pleasure of finding on the Jiji an Epiphone PR-7E 1993 in a natural Birdseye Maple.
The bad: had a headstock crack.
Not all the way off but you could see light between.
Also missing the damn 9V batter cover (not a big but annoying).
The good: under the tutelage of the master repair from Tom (at L&M East) and you fine lot here on the GC, I was able to repair said crack & engineer a temporary cover for the battery.
So after injection of water into the crack, added good clear carpenters glue, clamped & bound, left for 48 hrs.
After the clean up, a thin cyanoacrylate to fill the gap and look prettier.
And without further ado, please welcome my new semi-acoustic.

Sent from my other brain.

·
Registered
472 Posts
How is the body construction? If the repair doesn’t work out, a new neck certainly would not be out of the question I believe. I don’t think you see many birdseye maple acoustics, although I could be wrong here, but this is the first one I have seen.

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How is the body construction? If the repair doesn’t work out, a new neck certainly would not be out of the question I believe. I don’t think you see many birdseye maple acoustics, although I could be wrong here, but this is the first one I have seen.
Apart from random dust bunnies seem solid enough.
Here are some inside phone shots.

Sent from my other brain.

·
Registered
472 Posts
As I mentioned, if your repair doesn’t work out, could be worth putting a new neck on it. Keep the fret board. Some cautious use of heat could get the fretboard off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts