The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outdoor Ukulele - Brilliant Acoustic for Extreme Conditions

Actually, new tenor Outdoor Ukulele day.

I like to take a uke outside, on bicycle rides, to the beach, and once in a while in the kayak and canoe, but the plastic one I have is too small (it's a soprano), and doesn't stay in tune at all at all at all. Being composite polycarbonate (I haven't Goo-goo-googled that yet, so don't ask) it's supposed to stay in tune better, and having tried one (one of my students has one) I wasn't afraid to buy sight unseen. It arrived today from Bend Oregon, where it's made, right on time. Purchase was quick and easy through the company website. I got the upgraded machine heads and two strap buttons.

IMG_E7160.JPG
IMG_E7160.JPG
IMG_E7160.JPG
IMG_E7161.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
So how does it sound compared to a decent wood ukulele?

·
Premium Member
13,091 Posts
At first, I thought this was in the Open Mic Forum... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Mooh

·
Premium Member
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So how does it sound compared to a decent wood ukulele?
I would say not as loud or resonant as a decent solid wood uke, but still pretty good, and just as good as lots of laminate ukes I've played. Higher on the fingerboard the notes don't sustain well, but the strings might contribute to that a little. Pretty good strumming tone. Nice string to string balance. Given that this is literally an outdoor ukulele, I'll forgive those things. It plays in tune, intonates well, so far stays in tune, and if it stands up to my abuses I'll be happy.

·
Registered
14,936 Posts
Hey--it looks cool and sounds like it will fi the bill--so cool.

Enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts