The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided it was time to buy myself a better soldering station......and this is what I ended up with. I'm really interested to hear what the techs think of it. It gets great reviews. Warm-up time is incredible! It takes aprox. 10 seconds to go from off to 750 F. I'm used to turning it on and waiting 5 or 10 minutes to start soldering. Feels great in the hand too.
Machine

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Best station i ever used. It's quick it's adjustable and has about 20 different tips can be used

·
Premium Member
19,087 Posts
Congrats!...Very nice!

70 watts according to the specs I found.

I think my son-in-law has the same or similar model of HAKKO. He did a lot of soldering with my old station (45 aging watts) during a visit in June and he certainly missed his HAKKO.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
I got mine on ebay and it is not a fake.

·
Registered
380 Posts
As a public service announcement to those who may be shopping for one, just be wary of deals that seem 'to good to be true', they may indeed be.

Yes, plenty of fake ones out there. While it is not too hard to spot the fake Hakko stations, it is tough to distinguish fake iron tips from the real ones. There are plenty of fake Hakko and Goot (another Japanese manufacturer of fine soldering equipment, just not as well known in North America as Hakko) tips out there. I only buy tips from Hakko dealers.

Here are a few stores in Canada that I have purchased Hakko products from without issues:

Electro-5, Sherbrooke, QC. Official Hakko distributor.
SpikenzieLabs, Montreal, QC.
Canada Robotix, Markham, ON. Have bought tips and other Hakko accessories from them. Fast shipping.

I started with a Hakko Red 40W iron. When the time came to get a better iron, I was going to get the analog FX-888, but the digital version had just come out and I thought why not. Couldn't be happier with this soldering station.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts