The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a nice pair of Jet-City OEM 12" Eminence. Can't wait to build a cab for them.

They should compliment my Handsome Devil pretty well. It now runs on the stock BH112 cab, which is a bit on the small size for that great head. I will sell that cab, since I already have two homemade 1X12" cabs for my Super Champ XD and X2.

·
Premium Member
10,231 Posts
I had 1 in a Jet City 1x12 cab. Great sounding cab, decent enough speaker but the cab was much better sounding for hard rock with either/both Vintage 30 and a CL80 that is in it now.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
I've got a pair of Soldano-voiced Legends. Wonder if they're the same thing?

I replaced a pair of V30's in my Mesa Roadster with them and liked the change. I'm not a V30 fan either, mind you. Sold the Roady, now I'm using one of those Legends and C90 in a 212 cabinet, which I think also sound pretty good.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
BGood, I'm not seeing any pics. (Could be me, hey, I'm not THAT smart)

Sent from my other other brain.

·
Premium Member
19,763 Posts
Congrats on a great looking cab!!

Reminds me of...

"For the want of a shoe the horse was lost,
For the want of a horse the rider was lost,
For the want of a rider the battle was lost,
For the want of a battle the kingdom was lost,
And all for the want of a horseshoe-nail."

Have you tried the X2 head through it yet? Just curious as I also own one of these heads.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK ... since I sold my Handsome Devil, I bought a Ibanez TSA15 head and coupled it with this Jet City 2X12 cab. Good but ... too airy or something.

I then looked at what comes stock in the TSA15 cab and/or combo and surprise, it's a cheap Eminence Seventy/80 ! Who would have thought ? THE speaker that gets the worst reviews. It so happens that I have two 1X12 cabs with exactly those in there. I had built them for my Super Champs. So now I am running both cabs with the TSA15H and it sounds very rich and full. Love it.

So what happens with the 2X12 cab with the Jet City Eminence ? It got hooked to the SC XD. Man, it like doubled the power of that little amp and it doesn't color the amp's native tone too much. Good match here too.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
I notice in the pics you have it set up vertically. You should lay it down and try it horizontally, just for fun. They sound a little different that way (closer to a 412, IMO) but you have to get farther away to hear it well, as it's blasting past your knees for the first 10 feet or so.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.