The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Peace Dove has landed...

It seems a little weird to do a New Strap Day thread, but I've been looking for a Souldier Peace Dove strap just like Neil's for quite some time but wanted to find one in Canada. Thanks to a couple of hot tips from GC members, I found one at Folkway in Waterloo and they were more than happy to ship it out here to the frozen tundra. The Neil Shrine is coming together quite nicely.

String instrument Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Plucked string instruments

Guitar String instrument String instrument Plucked string instruments Musical instrument

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Art Visual arts Illustration Modern art Black-and-white
is that a painting of him? Looks cool nonetheless.

and 70's LP Deluxe?
Yes, it’s a local artist that painted it. He actually finger paints. I have this one of Johnny Cash that he also finger painted.

Yes, 1979 Les Paul Deluxe—the perfect chassis to do an Old Black with :)

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I too, take my sweet bippy time choosing just the right strap for a guitar.
The stores in Edmonton typically all carry the same stock for straps.
Pretty basic stuff.
I prefer straps that are a little out of the ordinary and are of a colour scheme that makes you think they were made especially for the particular guitar.
I’ve been searching for a strap for my Fireglow Ric for over a year.

Glad you found the one that floats your boat.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
The Peace Dove has landed...

It seems a little weird to do a New Strap Day thread, but I've been looking for a Souldier Peace Dove strap just like Neil's for quite some time but wanted to find one in Canada. Thanks to a couple of hot tips from GC members, I found one at Folkway in Waterloo and they were more than happy to ship it out here to the frozen tundra. The Neil Shrine is coming together quite nicely.

View attachment 137025
View attachment 137033
Let’s check out this gear in action....

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm assuming you have the original Mini Hummers in yours, no?
I have the originals yes, but Jean here on GC had a pair of SD Antiquity mini hums for sale that I bought and currently have installed. I’m trying those out for a while. What do you have in yours?

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I have the originals yes, but Jean here on GC had a pair of SD Antiquity mini hums for sale that I bought and currently have installed. I’m trying those out for a while. What do you have in yours?
I have a SD Custom (SH5) DCJ (Maricela J) in the bridge and a SD Custom Mini in neck. The mini is new but the SJM was dropped in with a route back in '87 or so. The guitar is my baby.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts