The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been slowly collecting Eventide factor pedals over the last few months (waiting for a good deal ,etc.)

I've had the H9 and was not amused. The H9 effects are simply not as thick and dimensional (if that makes sense) to my ears.

I used to own a pitchfactor and loved it, but didn't like the fact I couldn't easily access (or remember where things were preset-wise).

So, I grabbed the Disaster Area DMC-4 Gen 3 midi controller for two reasons. 1) save presets and name them, and 2) to have something on the floor I can step on while the rest of the pedals are at desk height so I can tweak, if need be.

This is kind how I want it set-up, but I'll have 4 pedals and the DMC elsewhere (anyone have ideas on where I can buy something similar to the stand they have there - I'd rather not build):

·
Premium Member
3,256 Posts
Isn't that just a nice (wood vs plastic or metal) desktop rack? Say like 8 spaces with 2 rack shelves. Eurorack (modular synth) racks might also work and be cheaper (I'm not as familiar with that standard , and the slot units go horizontal vs vertical , so don't know how many U you'd need for either 3 in a row or 2 rows like the vid (there are single and double row eurorack chassis - looks like the pedals + plug clearance would be good heightwise, but check before buying).

In either case you'd have much more depth than you need so, despite saying don't, gonna have to say DIY (quick easy and really, you're gonna spend at least $150 otherwise).

·
Premium Member
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isn't that just a nice (wood vs plastic or metal) desktop rack? Say like 8 spaces with 2 rack shelves. Eurorack (modular synth) racks might also work and be cheaper (I'm not as familiar with that standard , and the slot units go horizontal vs vertical , so don't know how many U you'd need for either 3 in a row or 2 rows like the vid (there are single and double row eurorack chassis - looks like the pedals + plug clearance would be good heightwise, but check before buying).

In either case you'd have much more depth than you need so, despite saying don't, gonna have to say DIY (quick easy and really, you're gonna spend at least $150 otherwise).
I guess it could be - I'm not too familiar with rack stuff, but that makes sense. There will be 4 factor pedals, so set up would be very similar. Smaller controller would be on the floor.

Also, do you know if MIDI cables matter? I need one run of about 10 feet and then a few small ones. Never checked into MIDI cable quality, and I'd probably just grab the cheapest unless told otherwise.

·
Premium Member
3,256 Posts
Also, do you know if MIDI cables matter? I need one run of about 10 feet and then a few small ones. Never checked into MIDI cable quality, and I'd probably just grab the cheapest unless told otherwise.
I try not to business with MIDI so I'm not any expert, but the standard cable issues apply; molded is cheapest (e.g. Hosa) and since it is control signal not audio signal, the main consideration is repairability (vs signal integrity), which is nil with molded, but personally I wouldn't be too bothered. They're also easy to make and there are cheap repurposed kind of solutions but the Hosas are cheaper/easier ususally.

·
Premium Member
17,847 Posts
Eurorack (modular synth) racks might also work and be cheaper (I'm not as familiar with that standard , and the slot units go horizontal vs vertical
My son-in-law is into Eurorack. I can ask him for more details of anything you are wondering about. Most Eurorack cases often seem to come with built in power supplies and are quite shallow.

Moog Class for Your Eurorack Synth
Bring classic Moog style to your Eurorack synth rig with this Moog 60HP Eurorack Case. This empty Eurorack case gets its slim lines from an extruded aluminum body, which includes 60HP of mounting space and slidable nuts to accommodate modules up to 1.9" in depth. A pair of solid wood sides adds a classy touch that makes this case fit in with all of the rest of the Moog synth gear you'll find at Sweetwater. All you need is a Eurorack power supply, and you're ready to start building the compact modular synth you've always wanted.

This is an empty enclosure...

This is a pic of 2 mounted together...

·
Premium Member
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just found out that pedaltrain makes a Nova 18 which is a pretty good fit for what I need, but they're pretty pricey. I would attached it to an amp stand.

I'll try to sell my Nano + to fund it. I might build a temporary one in the meantime.

·
Premium Member
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like I have a temporary fix. $7 folding crate from Rona. I suppose I could lay down some adhesive tile or something to make it pretty, but I'm not bothered at the moment.

IMG_20171212_180218.jpg

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Wow, you went balls deep! I had the time factor that was stolen with my board. I really miss the depth of control and presets. Was considering swapping out my superdelay for one again.

·
Premium Member
17,370 Posts
Chuck I swear if I get GAS for the time factor over my timeline...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts