The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NPD! Litterally just came.

Can't wait to get these installed.

The TDog neck is going in a Squier Tele. The stock bridge pickup is actually decent but the neck is disappointing and does not mate well with the bridge. Bridge pup may be upgraded in future; we'll see how it goes.

The set of Firebird pups is for an Eastwood Ichiban (a kinda Jazzmaster / Mosrite mashup thing with underwhelming minihumbuckers stock).

The last one is an FB bridge. That is for a future project I am still thinking through; an ultimate (to me) punk riffage machine.

·
Premium Member
13,083 Posts
The set of Firebird pups is for an Eastwood Ichiban (a kinda Jazzmaster / Mosrite mashup thing with underwhelming minihumbuckers stock).
More like a Jazzmaster/Mosrite plus a tiny hit of LSD mashup...;)

·
Premium Member
5,307 Posts
I'm diggin that Mosrite mashup! :cool:

Aside from the crappy stock pickups, How does it play? I'm on the Eastwood mailing list but I've never pushed the button on one. Lotta cool looking guitars though.

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Action's a bit high at the moment. Lemme get back on that after new pups and setup.

·
Registered
329 Posts
NPD! Litterally just came.

Can't wait to get these installed.

The TDog neck is going in a Squier Tele. The stock bridge pickup is actually decent but the neck is disappointing and does not mate well with the bridge. Bridge pup may be upgraded in future; we'll see how it goes.

The last one is an FB bridge. That is for a future project I am still thinking through; an ultimate (to me) punk riffage machine.
Vineham Pups!!!!!.....Fantastic!!!

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Got the TDog Neck in my buddy's Squier Tele. One of the stock 1 pin tuners cracked when I tried tunign it back up so it's now got proper Schaller M3s on it.

Diggin the TDog. Much better match to the bridge pickup as regards output than the stock neck pickup which was kinda limp tonewise as well (this is really nice - full and balanced not too bassy). Haven't even had to adjust the pole pieces yet - will let him do that to his taste, but even as is it's pretty good. This will get a proper test drive on Sunday with full band.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
It looks great , and cleaner with the adjusters not through the pickguard.
How would you lower the bass side if required ?
I just want to help you think ahead. :) In case you need to dial back on possible magnetic interference.

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's the stock guard. Since neither pup (or any other hardware) are attached to the gurad, it is easy enough to take it off (without even so much as loosening the strings). That said, I don't think the height can be adjusted without getting another spacer (no springs but a plastic cylinder). It should not be required though, because this thing has adjustable pole pieces which can accomplish the same task more accurately (string by string). They can actually go lower - this is mid-travel. Anyway, it sounded good at jam; not too bassy at all. The owner of the instrument feels no urgency to adjust the poles, but I'll remind him about it in a few more jams

1 - 11 of 11 Posts